1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Garrett: I’m not concerned with perception; ‘I know what I do each and every day

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 5, 2013.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    People like the Tallking Cowboys form that same core that smashed Wade for handling his PCs in the same way they 'praise' Jason Garrett. Back then, it was all Wade's fault. But because their golden boy is now getting hammered, JG is 'handling' the situation well and it's all Jerry's fault. And Wade was just an incompetent buffoon of a coach when he didn't hand out the 'red meat', while JG is a 'genius'. Ironically now, JG isn't suppose to hand out 'red meat'... Sure...

The reality is, these reporter homers have always praised Jason Garrett's PCs. The general masses are starting to not like it now, because they've realized his own performance reveals how much he's just BS'ing when he talks. Reality has set in.. JG ain't what they said he was. He's been demoted and lost play-calling duties. He was never what they claimed he was. People aren't buying his act anymore...

It all eventually boils down to Jason Garrett has been given free reign. He hasn't performed plain and simple. That's why he is in the situation he is in now. He could wallow in the praise of being a golden boy without any effor, now let us see how he handles criticism when he rightly deserves it.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,675 Messages
    434 Likes Received
    Bull .....
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,019 Messages
    3,930 Likes Received
    Meh. Thankfully, you don't speak for the general masses, khiladi. Not that I'd give much of a whit, one way or another, about the opinion of the general masses.

As far as I can tell, players and coaches and Cowboys officials and the media who covers the team the closest all have very good things to say about the way Jason Garrett runs the club, and, from what I see publicly, they're right to. The criticisms of Garrett have to do with how he handles issues on gameday. And, for the most part, or at least for the much part, those are accurate, too.
  4. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,020 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    Nice quote from a comedian. But really does that hold any truth to this matter? But you know what? Garrett is Garrett. He answers the questions originally and consistently. Nothing more, nothing less. People are making it as though this is a mountain and its nothing more than a mole hill.

Sure he maybe concerned. But I highly doubt that those concerns are his number 1 priority right now. His main priority is to coach and not deal with the media. He knows that he needs to bring in the results that we want from this team. If he doesn't than those are the concerns that will really bite him in the - not what the media.

BTW Im not really a Garrett supporter. Read through my history and Im one of those that sick and tired of his playcalling. I'm not really thrilled with his coaching. But so long he can keep Jerry in check and won't call the plays on offense then I'm find with it.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    a head coach shouldn't have to apologize for his job and that is exactly what Jason has been forced into. Your good owners would never let it get to this.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,592 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    This. You can see it in his face. JG has some pride issues.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,421 Messages
    2,776 Likes Received
    If you fail you suck and if you succeed you're a genius. Often the truth, as it does so often, lies somewhere in the middle.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,230 Messages
    1,971 Likes Received
    None of this really matters, all that matters is winning. Jerry has said that 8-8 is not acceptable and that he expects a playoff appearance.

If Garrett cant deliver, he will be fired at seasons end. That is just the cold hard truth of the matter.

If Garrett wants to stay as HC of the Cowboys, he must make the playoffs or fans will storm Jerrys World.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,584 Likes Received
    strange fans seem to say the same thing as Jerry, 8-8 is not acceptable and expect playoffs. :D
  10. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,401 Messages
    807 Likes Received
    Why not? He gets no credit as the HC if the team does something? That credit go to Jones because he is the puppet master?

Open mind you have not.