1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Gosselin: Cowboys need to play to their strengths — airing out the ball and man coverage

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Nov 20, 2013.

1. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
  2. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,432 Messages
    2,786 Likes Received
    I haven't been around as much as usual lately. Where is this thread/post?
  3. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Seems to be a conflation of at least 3 threads..

1. A couple of weeks ago there was a big thread on the ssue of identity on offense and this tam not having one.
    2. We've had a few threads on us simply needing to play for man-to-man, cause our CBs suck in coverage.
    3. Many of our posters are now conitually saying the OL is an excuse and teams getting by, and we are actually having better production than before. The idea we don't run basedupon OL being bad is essentially just an excuse.
  4. jobberone

35,432 Messages
    2,786 Likes Received
    We don't run because we don't do it well. Running into a brick wall hoping you will eventually break thru is a bad strategy. I'm not certain there is anything that can be done to help this defense. You can't expect DBs to cover without decent pressure. Are we getting that? You have to have LB coverage and we aren't that good at that. We aren't playing zone well because we don't have the safety play to do it and its not the forte of Carr or Oscan. If you start with the man under stuff you have to have the safety play to cover it up. Do we have the personnel to do that?

Edit: You can help things by getting people healthy.
  5. khiladi

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    I'm just responding to the fact it sounds like Gosselin is rehashing what the zone is saying..
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,958 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    I actually agree with Gosselin...
  7. jobberone

35,432 Messages
    2,786 Likes Received
    These guys steal stuff here all the time. I've seen my stuff around on a couple of occasions.
    khiladi likes this.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,301 Messages
    2,865 Likes Received
    We don't have the personal to run ANY scheme. Unless it starts with a DL made up of street FA's.

Oh, Kiffin was brought in ro tun the 4-3.
  9. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,008 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    I will second that.
    khiladi likes this.
  10. jobberone

35,432 Messages
    2,786 Likes Received
    Thank you. They don't always just steal the ideas and rebrand it in their own way. I've seen out and out plagiarism a couple of times....once almost verbatim.
    khiladi likes this.
  11. khiladi

11,322 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    That's why I made the comment about Gosselin.. It almost sounds like straight up plagiarism frm different posts. The funny thing is, ever since I got on Cowboys Zone, I've gotten my news from you guys, cause everytime I read an article, I realized you guys were in the know well in advance and contributed much more than these guys.