1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Gosselin: If Jason Garrett can go 6-2, he's the favorite to be Cowboys' head coac

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 19, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received
    Gosselin: If Jason Garrett can go 6-2, he's the favorite to be Cowboys' head coach in 2011

The Dallas Morning News writer Rick Gosselin chatted with fans on Thursday and answered questions about the Cowboys as they prepare to play the Detroit Lions. Here are some highlights:

I am optimistic that the Cowboys will win four of the last seven games. I think if that happens and the Cowboys play improves significantly, Jason Garrett will be the new permanent head coach. What are you thoughts?

I think if Jason can go 5-3, he's in the discussion. If he can go 6-2, he's the favorite. Jerry ******ened him as the next head coach when he gave him those millions to be the offensive coordinator. Jones would like nothing more than to walk Garrett to the podium and prove he was right in his assessment of this young coach's ability.
  2. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Please don't tell me that the bleeped out word is ******, as in the word ******ened.
  3. LandryFan

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    This is unbleivable. so "******" gets the same treatment as **** and **** in this world! I guess I can't wish anyone a Merry ******mas on here...:confused:
  4. onetrickpony

onetrickpony Member

723 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I noticed that yesterday on another post. Mods, please remove "******" from the block list.

Thank you,
    All ******ians
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,904 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Seconded. C h r i s t is not a swear word. He is our lord and savior and this is a country of freedom of religion or is that any religion except ******ianity?
  6. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    One Nation, under God, indivisible... with Liberty and Justice for ALL.

Go figure the Amendment Rights here....maybe they should censure our monetary system as well. And make illegal, legal tender...I know, Netflex your beliefs. I guess I could just be Pedestrian, and walk in his way each day.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    In other news

Muhammad Ali likes MMA but has grown a Buddha belly in the last few years.
  8. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Garrett goes 6-2, which I highly doubt, he should indeed get strong consideration for the head coaching position.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,623 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    I was wondering what word was bleeped. :huh:

Oh, it was the word C h r i s t e n e d.

Wow.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    The mods are protecting you guys from people using the name of ****** in vain. As in '*****, ******, some of you are thin-skinned.'

It's done out of respect and not as an affront to anybody. Get some perspective, people.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,483 Messages
    6,192 Likes Received
    Regarding the actual thread topic:

This is such nonsense. Jerry would like nothing more than to find the right next coach for the Dallas Cowboys. Having his assessment of Garrett validated, I'm sure, means almost nothing to him. If anything, he'd want Garrett to prove he's the right guy because he likes Garrett and respects the Garrett family and sees in Jason a lot of qualities that could result in him being an excellent head coach. But we can safely eliminate Jerry's ego as a motivation for hiring someone when there's a better candidate available. Has Gosselin really been paying that little attention to the Jerry Jones era?

I also disagree that Garrett needs to get to 5-3 or 6-2 to get the job, btw. I think he can get it with moderate results on the field and an obvious change to the culture with how the team prepares for games. I think Jerry would like to give Jason an opportunity to go through a training camp as head coach and is looking for a good reason to do so.
  12. skicat1898

skicat1898 Member

275 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It won't take 5-3 or 6-2 or 8-0....

4 wins and marked improvement in the team's play and attitude will be all Jerry needs to remove the interim title for Garrett...

People need to be realistic here, Garrett doesn't have Romo, the OL is still the same OL everybody has been griping about and the defense is still basically Wade's but with someone else calling the scheme.

If Garrett can get 3 or 4 more wins and change the "culture" of the team, he deserves a shot next year.
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    The only player Jason is missing on this team is Romo, and John Phillips from a 11-5 team from last year. Yes, Romo is a BIG one, but he has talent....and let's not forget this is his Oline. Wade didn't make the decisions on the Oline.

I'm not big for the wait until he get's a TC, etc. under his belt either. He's been here for 3.5 years so let's not act like he's a newbee.

If he can coach, he can coach. If this team steadly improves and get's better, maybe not wins, but better fundamental football then he will deserve a chance. I do however think he needs to hire a OC, because he sucks at it!
  14. LandryFan

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Yea, sure...:rolleyes: . No, some of us are against the word ****** being bleeped out the same as any profane word. I don't need your, or their, "protection", thank you. Political correctness has created madness...
  15. LandryFan

2,075 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Yep, allah, buddha, and any other religious name is ok..but not C H R I S T. Go figure.
  16. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I found this pretty ridiculous as well.
  17. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,033 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Owie! Nice one, Zrin....
  18. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    I'm an agnostic but I agree that it is beyond absurd to make the most influential person (or legend) tantamount to a curse word.

C'mon people. If you cave in to the political correct crowd....I'll take my discussion elsewhere.
  19. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really don't agree with Gosselin but I rarely do

I think all Jerry want i sto effort on tge field

he knows this is not the coaching staff JG would pick

I think he has already won the job

hell he just beat the number one D

I think is he goes 4-4 he will get the job

I see us beating Wash - Arizona - Det
  20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How is this JG's OLine?

Was Gurode drafted on his watch?
    Was Kozier signed as a FA on his watch?
    Was Colombo signed as a FA on his watch?
    Was Flozell drafted on his watch?
    Free was drafted when he arrived. Wasn't Ireland and Ciskowski around as well?
    Davis was signed as a FA when he arrived. Wasn't Gaines, Ireland and Ciskowski around as well? Unless of course you believe his voice was heard by Jerry amongst all the other trusted VR voices? I don't know perhaps he did influence the Free and Davis draft and FA signing.

I'm willing to bet that he was instrumental in getting Doug Free the starters role at LT. But I cannot be sure as I am not privvy to the inner workings of VR. At least I don't make up **** and post it as a fact. LOL