1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Injury to DeMarco Murray means offense must rely more on Tony Romo

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 16, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,174 Messages
    5,720 Likes Received
    ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

5:44 PM on Thu., Dec. 15, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING - When running back DeMarco Murray suffered a fractured right ankle last Sunday in Dallas' 37-34 loss to the New York Giants, the complexion of the Cowboys' offense changed. This week, as doubts surfaced about the team's once-flourishing ground attack, quarterback Tony Romo realized that he may be forced to shoulder a greater burden in the coming weeks.

That's fine with him.

"You have to just go out there and execute to the best of your ability," Romo said Thursday. "I think you just have to play good football."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-qb-tony-romo-enjoying.html
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Again I have to disagree. I think w/ Fiametta back, Felix has showed how consistently he can get yards w/ a solid FB blocking properly.

I think Murray also helped Felix wake up and work more for yards. Competition will do that for a person.

Especially if you were the starter and the rookie comes in and took your job away. Now its Felix's again to lose.

I bet he makes huge strides the rest of the year.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,995 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Myself, I'm hoping the Cowboys run a lot of plays outside the hash marks, both running and passing down field.
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,995 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    WoodysGirl, I like your Christmas monikor...:)