1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Is the next Laurent Robinson already on the Cowboys' roster? Jerry Jones thinks

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 14, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/a...-a.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Cowboys will continue to look for a veteran receiver in free agency - Arizona's Early Doucet could be a good fit - but might also use the draft in April to pursue a third receiver.

Owner Jerry Jones said at the NFL Combine that the next Robinson could already be on the roster with Andre Holmes, who spent most of last season on the practice squad and has yet to play in a regular-season game.

McKinney North product Raymond Radway is also a possibility. He missed his rookie season recovering from a broken leg he suffered on the last play of the preseason after a standout training camp. Dwayne Harris spent his rookie season last year splitting time on the active roster and practice squad and the Cowboys didn't offer contracts to restricted free agent Kevin Ogletree and exclusive rights free agent Jesse Holley.
  2. John813

John813 Active Member

550 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    I'm fine with going into TC with we have and then if we have issues look for the next LR during preseason.
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the luck that has befallen this organization with undrafted/low-round guys like Romo, Austin, Ratliff and Robinson has spoiled Jerry into thinking that it will just keep turning out that way.

Dallas is the EXTREME outlier when it comes to players like this and, regardless of talent evaluation, luck plays a big part in it. It is foolish and irresponsible to expect it to continue IMO. Go sign a veteran receiver.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    robinson was a great distraction.

he will never be worth his payday.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    If Holmes puts up 11 TD's in the next 3 years, we'll be lucky.

Im so sick of hearing about this guy being the next big thing.. is that why he's floundering around practice squads?

He and Radway.. enough about both of them until they at least show something in an actual game.

/rant.
  6. Hussein

Hussein Member

131 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We need to make sure we definitely have a good 3rd receiver. 1st, Austin & Dez get hurt too much, and 2nd you saw how valuable LR was. It makes our offense that much better. I don't want to rely on Radway or whoever else.
  7. mortboy

mortboy Active Member

814 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard anything at all about Teddy Williams? He was switched to WR for CB midway through the 2010 season. He was on the practice squad for the past two years. I know he is very fast, nice size (6'3") but have not heard a thing about him for the past 1.5 years. I don't have much faith that he will ever amount to anything in the NFL, but was wondering.

I am guessing we have kept him around due to his raw potential, but nothing on his progress.
  8. Yuma Cactus

Yuma Cactus Active Member

707 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I am hoping that Jerrah's enthusiasm about Holmes is because Jimmy Robinson sees something in the young man.
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    I agree. I like the enthusiasm they have about Holmes. But please, go sign a good vet WR. An injury to either of our starters puts our WR situation in a bad spot especially early in the season.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,814 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    Not sure WR is Jerry's point of expertise.