1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Garrett: He might have been a Giant; 'We tried to keep him,' ex-NY GM says

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,340 Messages
    4,666 Likes Received
    Gerry Fraley

That Jason Garrett will be at New Meadowlands Stadium this afternoon in a position of importance comes as no surprise.

The wrinkle is he will be in the role of interim head coach for the Cowboys. A different decision here, a changed priority there, and Garrett would be on the other side of this game in a major role with the New York Giants.

Head coach? Maybe.

General manager? Possibly.

Key figure? Undoubtedly.Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones is not alone, as he often is on draft choices, in his long-standing affection for Garrett. The football-savvy Giants had that opinion for a decade and would have liked to have Garrett in their management group.

"We tried to keep him," former Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi said. "We really wanted to keep him, but we couldn't work things out.

"I don't gush much, but I'll gush about Jason Garrett. He's one of my all-time favorites. There is no limit to what Jason can achieve in life."

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...owboys/stories/111410dnspofraley.3d7eb31.html
  2. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,387 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this article! This is interesting. Maybe we are luckier to have JG than most know.