1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jason Garrett needs at least 4-4 record to stay;

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett needs at least 4-4 record to stay; Dez has shot at offensive Rookie of Year

09:41 PM CST on Friday, November 19, 2010

john asks ... Do you think Dez will win rookie of the year?

HITZGES: Very possible. Overall ROY will be Suh, but Dez has a shot at Offensive ROY.

zapper asks ... If Jason Garrett goes 2-6, but his team plays competitively each and every week, I think he stays on. Thoughts?

HITZGES: 2-6 and he's out of here. Regardless of competitiveness. Washington, AZ, Detroit all beatable. That makes him a minimum 4-4. Jerry must have something tangible to sell this offseason.

read more... http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...s/stories/112010dnsponormchat1.2486e456d.html
  2. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    There are way too many variables to put a number of wins requirement on the decision.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    that is just way too unfair. Wade gobbled up the easy part of the schedule like drum stick on t day. Garrett gets harder schedule and no Romo. If he wins two more games...he stays in my opinion.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,963 Messages
    1,861 Likes Received
    Garrett's win/loss record should not be the primary reason he stays as HC or not.

For example, if we lose to NO and INDY but only by 3 there is no shame in that. Yet they are still losses.
  5. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,720 Messages
    469 Likes Received
    No there isn't any shame in that but I think what the article is saying is that we should beat AZ, Washington, and Detroit. That would give JG 4 wins. I agree, if JG is to be considered worth a darn as a HC, he should get this team ready to beat those teams.
  6. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bull****
  7. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

33,549 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    Jerry was clear about what it would take. The players would have to play in a winning way.
  8. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

4,967 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Given the coming labor trouble, NFL football next year will be a hard sell, period.

If the players play hard for Garrett, regardless of the outcome, I think that gets him at least one year.