1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones: Cowboys CB Mike Jenkins has looked ‘impressive’ in practice

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Smashin222, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    “I’d obviously like to see him out there on all of our money packages, nickel, dime, all of that,” Jones said on 105.3 [KRLD-FM] The Fan’s New School show. “I sure hope that we can be as innovative as Rob [Ryan] has indicated to me he wanted to be, and Jerome Henderson, our secondary coach. So, hopefully we’ll get to see a lot of Jenkins.

“He’s impressive. He’s looked really good at the practices he’s been out there. Yesterday, he moved around good. Boy, you just don’t lose it, you can see it when one of those top ones get out there.”

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...nkins-has-looked-impressive-in-practice.html/
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,831 Messages
    393 Likes Received
    That sounds good.
  3. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,510 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Sounds like the plan is move carr to slot on the nickel and dime. Makes little more sense
  4. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,486 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Anything Jerry says about the talent, I take with a grain of salt. He is next to Al Davis when it comes to evaluating talent.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    He is not evaluating talent he is watching him practice and stating he is looking good out there. You don't have to be a scout to see if a player is looking good or not.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,466 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    That's what I would like to see.

I think Carr would do a much better job of it than either Jenkins or Claiborne would at this point.
  7. CashMan

1,486 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    But is he isn't good. He is an avg CB. I guarantee, he will not play aggressive this year, because he will not want to injure himself in a contract year.
  8. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    So you are evaluating talent? and a mind reader? :laugh2:

Jenkins has nothing to gain by not playing well and a lot to lose by not going out and doing the best he can. NFL teams do not pay out big money for poor players and only chance Jenkins has is to show teams he is fully healed and able to play at a high level.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

40,051 Messages
    4,998 Likes Received
    Not sure where they're going to play him. Nice problem to have though.
  10. CashMan

1,486 Messages
    187 Likes Received

I do not think it is hard to watch the last few years, and see that Jenkins does not tackle, and last year, his new things was flopping on the ground every other play.

All it takes is an Oakland or a Jacksonville to pay him based upon potential. If he gets hurts, probably won't get a contract at all, is he plays avg, I am sure some team will pay him.
  11. stasheroo

18,466 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    I think you're letting your anger with Jenkins cloud your better judgement.
  12. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    Well that is your view, he does tackle and can cover where you get this crud I don't know. As for flopping on the ground, given the injury he was dealing with last year it took a lot to play through it.
  13. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    I agree. I see little chance that Jenkins will be back next year but I have no doubt he has very good ability to play this game. Playing though multiple injuries last year was not easy for him and the injury was sever enough to require surgery so it is not as if he was faking it.
  14. stasheroo

18,466 Messages
    2,074 Likes Received
    To say nothing of what he as an individual has riding on playing well this season.

He has plenty of motivation.
  15. Doomsday101

79,728 Messages
    4,699 Likes Received
    No doubt. Teams will want to see how he has recovered from the surgery and of course how he plays. Jenkins has a lot riding on the line.
  16. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,930 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    If it weren't for Jerry, Demarcus Ware would most likely not be a Cowboy.

Cue your "even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" comment.
  17. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

21,056 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  18. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,128 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    ^^^This. I remember him raving about Tank Johnson on Hard Knocks. Heck he even said the same thing about Derrick Dockery a right before the first preseason game. And Dockery promptly goes out and looks like the one leg on the couch, one leg on the end of a NFL roster player we all know he is.
  19. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

727 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I agree, anything the Jones say is just word play. "Crawford looks like he could be the steal of the draft"--Stephen Jones.

However/whatever, i hope in this is legit. Cautisouly optismistic.
  20. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

21,056 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    Unfortunately Jerry was just relaying what the coaches and scouts were telling him and was actually giving us fans a hint that Dockery was probably going to make the team as a backup. (which he did)