1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones: I should get most heat/Failure to reach Super Bowl unacceptable

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,009 Messages
    3,952 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones: Cowboys spend a lot; failure to reach Super Bowl in last 10 years 'not acceptable'

[IMG]
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    9:37 AM on Tue., Jan. 3, 2012 | Permalink

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday morning on 105.3 FM that it's "not acceptable" that his team hasn't been in the Super Bowl the last 10 years and that this season as a disappointment for him.

So, what encouraging words does Jones have for the Cowboys' fan base heading into the 2012 off-season?

"If you use a Las Vegas terminology, we shove a lot out on the table. We do that when we build a stadium like we built. We create and add to a lot of visibility with this team and it is called expectations," Jones said. "We have a tremendous fan base. Our fans need to know that one of the things that can be utilized to do better is money. You would be interested to know that over a period of time, because we do have a [salary] cap, it's supposed to even out but it doesn't do that and we spend more money than anybody in football to have a good football team and on the football players and I think that's important for everybody to know.

"And we've just got to do a better of how we do it. It doesn't always win it. The Washington Redskins spend a lot of money up there and it doesn't necessarily happen. That's the NFL. But I think that we got to realize, as of this year, the last 10 years in the NFC there's been a different team go to the Super Bowl in the last 10 years. And we haven't been one of them. That's not acceptable and we've got to continue trying to get there."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-says-14.html

Cowboys' Jerry Jones: One who should get most heat for season is me

11:22 AM on Tue., Jan. 3, 2012 | Permalink

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday morning on 105.3 FM that he is often criticized for not being a "football guy," but he said he's not worried about that label.

"Well, that really doesn't bother me because I understand when you put that owner out there beside it then you basically you would have to say he's more owner or less owner or whatever you want to call it," Jones said. "The facts are I've spent, what, 22 years doing this, exactly the same way. I've made a lot of changes from year to year as time goes along, but frankly I know that when we do not have the kind of success, when we don't have expectations lived up to, then the one that should get the most heat is the one who ultimately makes the decisions, period, with the Dallas Cowboys and that's me."

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/cowboys-jerry-jones-one-who-sh.html
  2. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,882 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Let me know when teams win because they have the best stadium.
    Good lord.
  3. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,246 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    If it really doesn't bother him that people criticize him for not being a football guy, then why the need to address it with the validating facts that "22 years" of experience entitles him to be one. It clearly bothers him and and after all this time he needs validation.
  4. ChopBlock

ChopBlock Benched

808 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just spending money isn't going to buy a Super Bowl winner. I'd rather have an owner who isn't cheap, but you have to draft, sign and acquire the right players.

But I guess as long as he spends lots of money and built and new shiny stadium then he can act like he's doing all he can.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,648 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Spending money is fine as an Owner but if the GM is making miscues with it, then its really a waste.
  6. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is 15 ... but who's counting?
  7. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,864 Messages
    557 Likes Received
    "The Washington Redskins spend a lot of money up there and it doesn't necessarily happen. "

If Shanny gets his QB next season we are going to be the worst team in the division and it is not going to be close. Their defense ended the season playing much better than ours already, they just need to upgrade Grossman and get some OL parts.

And why?

Because Snyder stopped playing GM and hired football people.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    What does he mean "most'?
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,009 Messages
    3,952 Likes Received
    I think the unacknowledged five were the latter years of Troy and Irvin...and the three Campo years. I guess he figured the turn of the franchise began with the hiring of Parcells...and that legit SB hopes could be made.
  10. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mediocrity is killing this once great franchise. A generation of Cowboys fans is being lost.
  11. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

938 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    oh jerry, you just don't get it.....guys meet the new year, same as last year....:bang2:
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,413 Messages
    6,455 Likes Received
    He's all in. Shoves all his chips on the table. Understands and accepts the criticism. It belongs on him. He used to be broke. Remembers when he conferenced with God before signing Deion Sanders. That was big. What we've done is just not acceptable, so we're gonna try it again next year.
  13. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,202 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    Jerry stated on his radio show that the "offensive line was improved this season". Really Jerry? Are you really that out of touch what is going on with your team or are you just trying to blow smoke up our butts? The offensive line was awful, trying to point to that as improved is a joke.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,413 Messages
    6,455 Likes Received
    You can't even say it improved as the season went along. They gave up more sacks in December than any other month. By a lot. And the run game remained brutal.
  15. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    You admit you suck and are in over your head....but won't fall on your sword or step aside so the loyal fans you ramble about can stop being humiliated by this HOT GARBAGE team.........what a guy...did he mention he has 12 more sponsors lined up and a new line of cowboys memorabilia coming out at walmart next season? Hey, it's all about the money with jerrah...don't say it isn't because he's only showing by his ACTIONS it's all about the benjamins
  16. CosmicCowboy

CosmicCowboy Member

938 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    jerry's... in denial....:confused:
  17. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,632 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Ahh, really? I see all their games cause I live here and I watched Toby Gehart and Joe Web of the Vikes run all over them. Listening to their talk radio this morning, their fans aren't happy with their D or team at all..
  18. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,811 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I'm a terrific student. I've got 22 years of experience while trying to get my degree to prove it.
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,352 Messages
    4,586 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  20. Suave

Suave New Member

544 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And after all these years of mediocrity, there are still fans who will defend him. I'll never understand it.