1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones' rookie of the year for his team?: RT Tyron Smith

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 27, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,239 Messages
    7,068 Likes Received
    ByBrandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:35 AM on Tue., Dec. 27, 2011 | Permalink
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was asked Tuesday morning on 105.3 FM who his rookie of the year would be this season for the Cowboys. He didn't hesitate when answering starting right tackle Tyron Smith, the team's first-round draft pick last April (No. 9 overall) out of USC, instead of running back DeMarco Murray or kicker Dan Bailey.

"Well I will tell you, Tyron Smith has been everything that we had hoped for when we drafted him," Jones said on his weekly radio show. "Of course, we drafted him high. He was the No. 1 pick. He sits in there at right tackle. He was challenged here and you might say had his hardest outing against Philadelphia last weekend, but still he's played well. You couldn't go too far past him on our team."

Jones also didn't shoot down the notion that the Cowboys could move Smith to left tackle next season and put Doug Free at right tackle.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-rook.html
  2. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,174 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    of course smith will be moved to left tackle next year. smith has everything you want in a left tackle size good footwork and a season with our strength coach he will be stronger to make the switch. i just wish that jones would have franchised free and only paid him for one season he has not played well for top money as a left tackle is paid. free has been below average this year. i do not know what free ranks as left tackle this year i bet he is not in the top ten.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,148 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    One of the definite bright spots for this team, now and in the future. I look forward to continued growth and improvement from Tyron Smith and I hope he remains a Cowboy for many years to come.
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,601 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Maybe Jones will realize he has an excellent qb,the need to protect him and will invest in the OL in FA or the draft.
  5. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

He hasn't yet so don't hold your breath.
  6. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish reporters would quit sticking a mic in his facelift.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    I can think of two kicks that might have changed Jones' mind if the ball had only gone thru the uprights.