1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Jerry Jones talks about his philosophy for searching for a head coach

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 17, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,301 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    SportsDayDFW.com
    Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was interviewed on 105.3 The Fan on Friday to discuss his promoting of Jason Garrett and fans' complaints with him as general manager and owner. Here are some highlights:

For quite a while, you backed Wade Phillips and said you wouldn’t make a change midway through a season. At what point did you change your mind?

This should be a cumulative thing for me and it is and you weigh a lot of things. As you should know, I carry around, in the back of my mind, the lay of the land, relative to coach and should. And so, to me, it was a looking at where we were going as a team; it was certainly looking at how much season we had left. I’m well aware that coaching changes in mid-stream in the NFL do not have a successful track record. On the other hand, Jason [Garrett] does have, he has had, some unique qualities. He won’t come in here with the honeymoon that I might have envisioned at some time in his career, but certainly, he’ll come in here with a different approach. We’ve got eight games left; I think our team…we have the players with the skills. We get on the right track, get positive and some good things could happen for us and possibly brighten this picture up as far as our future, Jason Garrett, those kinds of things.

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...111710dnspojerryjonesinterview.2397f98cb.html
  2. FLCowboyFan

FLCowboyFan Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.

2,387 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Unfortunately this says it all :bang2:
  3. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    $$$$$$$$$$:bang2: Please fade out.
  4. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kinda tired of always hearing JJ comments on various shows, etc. Realize he's the owner/GM of the Cowboys, but I bet he holds more PC & participates in more interviews then the rest of the NFL GMs & HCs in the NFL. Part of probably is the popularity or dislike of the Cowboys around the country so therefore interest in lot higher, but part of it also is Jerry's love affair & ego with himself.
  5. Carolina Cowboy

Carolina Cowboy Well-Known Member

716 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    I've never been as disgusted with Jerry as I am regarding this mess. I can't believe he won't just realize how lucky he is that he has someone like Jason and just shut his mouth and let the team sell itself for awhile.
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Jerry's already positioning himself for the inevitable, Jason has charisma pouring out of him, Jerry has JD. This marks the end of Jerry the HC, and he's having trouble adjusting. Too *** bad.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,147 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    He's right about one thing, somebody is definitely living in a dream world.

:rolleyes:
  8. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,858 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Exactly. Now he has to tell the world how great he is in picking out the worlds most perfect coach.

He has to shut up and just let the team play.

If they start to win, that would be the best publicly the team and him could possibly have.
  9. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,605 Messages
    491 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, even if Jerry were inclined to back off and give the HC more control, the media would not allow it to be a graceful exit. They would hammer everybody with questions about who does what and whether he admits he was wrong in the first place,,, making his exit all the more unlikely.