1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN JJT: David Buehler has failed; Cowboys need to find a new kicker

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 22, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,982 Messages
    3,188 Likes Received
    Jean Jacques Taylor

ARLINGTON – This is not the time for Jerry Jones to be stubborn.

This is the time for him to admit he made a mistake and get a new placekicker at the club's Valley Ranch training complex before practice starts this afternoon.

Somebody. Anybody.

Matt Stover. John Carney. Shayne Graham . Kris Brown. They're all available.

LINK to article
  2. Cowboy Bill Watts

Cowboy Bill Watts Member

706 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    i do not necessarily disagree.

however, there is nothing wrong with the kicking game that scoring touchdowns won't solve.

if you don't want to trust a kicker, then score TDs, baby.:star:
  3. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    a failure after 4 field goals attempts, and one of the misses being a questionable one since it looked more like the holder's fault.

4 field goals attempts, you miss 2, you're gone.

Nevermind he went 2 for 3 in the last game and he was the least of the problems.

I hate to say this because I'm partially biased towards writters, but this is one of the instances in which a poorly informed opinion hurts even further the already almost shattered repution the sports media has with the fans. I understand JJT is a columnist now and he's paid to give his opinion, but the only thing the public demands is that the opinion be at least based on some common sense.

Buehler has missed a key field goal attempt in each of the first two games. That's unacceptable.

After all, kickers are the most replaceable player on any football team because they don't have high salaries and there's always a plethora of candidates to replace them.

There's nothing more deflating for a team than watching a kicker miss a kick he's supposed to make. A kicker can also inspire a team by drilling a long field goal and producing unexpected points.

So let me get this straight:

It's unacceptable to miss 2 FGs in 4 attempts because the most replaceable, often lowest paid, position in the NFL it's also one of it's most important ones ?

That's your argument, JJT ? :confused: Really ?
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with this...
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,423 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Someone pleas inform JJT that when one has a public 'mistake'...to find a bathroom first, and then CLOSE the door!

Move over Galloway and 'training bra' for Phat Albert is coming in....