1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Laurent Robinson wants future with Cowboys, but will 'let that handle itself'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 16, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    ByJon Machota / Special Contributor

jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio

3:15 PM on Wed., Nov. 16, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- Four touchdowns in three weeks is impressive for a receiver that has been playing with the same quarterback for several years, Laurent Robinson has recently accomplished that despite only playing with Tony Romo for a couple of months.

Since the beginning of October, Robinson has arguably been the Cowboys' top receiver. For a player that has yet to find a true home in the NFL, some would think that the 26-year-old would be considering Dallas as a possible permanent place of employment.

"I would like to, but I'm just trying to play right now and let that handle itself later in the year or at the end of the season or whatever," Robinson said Wednesday. "I'm just focused on this week and getting better everyday in practice."

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/laurent-robinson-wants-future.html
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sign the guy Jerry...
  3. Go Big D!

Go Big D! Destination End Zone

1,758 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Indeed. He's a good fit here and Tony seems comfortable with him as well. Make it happen, Jerry.
  4. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,699 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    We should wrap him up for several years. Git 'er done.

BTW, why am I seeing a 49ers ad at the bottom of this page? Are the ads based on an individuals search history? I haven't been to their web site or googled them. Or do the same ads show up for all of us.
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    Definately want to keep this guy. Tony already has a trust and chemistry with him and he's a darn fine WR. At only 26 years old as well that would give us 3 very talented, very young, WR's and we could worry about a lot of other pieces that way instead.

Definately want to keep this guy for sure.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    Now that is he getting the lime light I'm interested to see how he handles this little bit of fame he is getting.
  7. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,243 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Exactly. If he continues to do well, he may not accept 3rd WR type money. He could be looking else where.
  8. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,637 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Awesome sign this dude up.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    There are many if's in life. I think Jerry will do what he can to keep him, we will cross that bridge when it comes