1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Montrae Holland is 'happy to be back'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 19, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    By

Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio
    2:32 PM on Wed., Oct. 19, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- When the Cowboys informed Montrae Holland he had been cut last month, he was overcome with frustration.

"I was just trying to get out of here as fast as I could," Holland said Wednesday, a day after he rejoined the team. "They said that they were going in a different direction and I just ran away."

The scuttlebutt heard around San Antonio, Valley Ranch and beyond was that Holland's problems were exacerbated by the fact that he was out of shape and was 14 pounds heavier than he was the previous season.

Now, he's back with the Cowboys and approximately 10 pounds lighter.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/after-leaving-cowboys-in-frust.html
  2. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    FWST: Holland has slimmed down, happy to be back

-- Charean Williams

Montrae Holland made a better first impression in his second chance.

After being released, Holland worked out with former NFL player LeCharles Bentley, who works with offensive linemen at his O-Line Academy in Cleveland. He lost close to 10 pounds.

"I was a little heavier [in training camp], but it was nothing I couldn’t play with," Holland said. "I've been heavier. It's just the way it is, I guess. ...The thing I did was took it as an opportunity to try to change that, so I went and worked and got lighter."

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/10/holland-has-slimed-down-happy-to-be-back.html
  3. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,569 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    10 lbs? Way to hit it hard Montrae.............the message was, you are being paid to stay in shape and to do so in the offseason so the team doesn't waste three weeks watching you run with the giant rubberband attached to the goalpost you've bent 3 degrees forward. All the while being P.A.I.D.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    The optimist in me hopes that Holland got the 'career wake-up call' and he and the Cowboys ultimately benefit.
  5. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    You have optimism in you? ;) :)
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received

A smidge.

Just go with it.

:D
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    His fat *** could have lost 10 lbs in the sauna in 2 hours. Color me unimpressed.

However, I'm still glad he's back. Should almost immediately help in the run game if he can stay healthy
  8. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    Will do.. :)
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Lol, it's an old fat man's trick. He basically didn't eat breakfast the day of his physical, and so he weighed-in about 10 lbs lighter.

Kidding aside, Holland can anchor and provide some much needed push up the middle our line wasn't getting with Nagy.
  10. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,687 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    Agreed.

I think it was as decent signing.
  11. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Holland, if you have one in you, now would be a good time. This is your chance to make a difference.