1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: New Cowboy Terrell McClain: Rod Marinelli was a huge reason I came to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Apr 13, 2014.

1. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,372 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    NFL stands for Not For Long. If you don't continually find ways of improving your level or style of play, you'll quickly find yourself on the outside looking in.

That's where McClain finds himself. He has talent, but it has not been exceptionally noteworthy throughout his career. Last year, he and everyone else saw Marinelli take CFL/Arena level talent and squeeze enough out of those players to form a functional defensive line. Not a great defensive line and more often than not a good one either, but one that worked well enough to survive the season.

McClain wants Marinelli to squeeze enough out of him to elevate his game. The reward would net him a sizable payday down the line. It's a good gamble to take. His only other option would be betting how many teams would be willing to throw more free agent dollars at him than Dallas did. Players, who hadn't earned the superstar tag, must know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away...
  2. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

859 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    How is he better than Kiffin when he learned everything he knows from Kiffin?
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,028 Messages
    5,377 Likes Received
    He's awake during the game.

Ok, I'm only joking. You tee'd that one up, I had to take a swing at it.
  4. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,569 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    And, you sir, win the internet. Seriously thanks for the reply and the correction. I obviously have it backwards. Humbly appreciate it!