1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Nichols: 2 years after big trade, Roy Williams in familiar spot: losing

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,241 Messages
    4,570 Likes Received
    Bill Nichols

IRVING – Roy Williams envisioned Super Bowls when Detroit traded him to Dallas.

Just over two years later, his Cowboys are 2-7, same as the Lions.

The Super Bowl may be at Cowboys Stadium, but Williams may as well be in Detroit.

His Cowboys are trying to snap a four-game losing streak at home. The Lions are trying to snap a 25-game losing streak on the road.

Epic, for sure, but Williams is going low-key this week. It's not like he has a lot of trash to talk other than mentioning that the last time the Lions had a road victory, he was on the roster.

"Nah, I'm going to get my two or three looks a game, make the most of them, and hopefully one of them is a touchdown and I can say, 'Yeah.' That's all I can do is just say, 'Yeah.' "

That's what Williams said on Oct. 14, 2008, when his "people" told him he might get traded. The day before, he had been told he wasn't being shopped.

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ys/stories/111810dnspocowinsider.3e6ee45.html
  2. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's what Williams said on Oct. 14, 2008, when his "people" told him he might get traded. The day before, he had been told he wasn't being shopped.

"I was like, Shut up, you kidding me?' " he said. "That was a dream come true for a guy like myself, to come back home and be a part of a Super Bowl contender

:laugh2: :laugh2: