1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Opponent: Tony Romo like the ‘Jordan’ of Dallas Jewish basketball

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 16, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,253 Messages
    7,088 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    4:40 pm on July 16, 2012 | Permalink

It’s no secret that Tony Romo enjoys playing basketball in the off-season. There have been several photos on Twitter of the Cowboys quarterback playing in pickup games.

On Monday, TabletMag.com posted a story about where Romo’s been hanging out once a week over the summer.

After searching around the area for a competitive league, Romo ended up at The Jewish Community Center.

“He’s extremely physical,” said David Naxon, one of Romo’s recent opponents. “He’ll push you around. He’s not going to hold back just because you’re a young Jewish man.”

The article is loaded with quotes from players that have faced Romo on the hardwood.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...rdan-of-jewish-summer-basketball-league.html/
  2. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,840 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I'd much rather him hitting the links on his off time than getting hit on the hardwood.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    Wow. Weirdest title I've seen in a while.
  4. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,159 Messages
    1,934 Likes Received
    What an odd article.
  5. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,381 Likes Received
    It is not kosher to risk injury playing basketball, Tony.
  7. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,209 Likes Received
    Caron Butler says Romo could have made the NBA if that was his focus. We know he could probably be on the PGA if he fully dedicated to it.

Folks, he is an elite athlete.
  8. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,689 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    I don't think he is an elite athlete. He's a very very good all around athlete who could play just about any sport he wanted and be very good at it. What he is is a competition junkie. He thrives on competing at high levels and it doesn't matter what he is competing in. He may have been good enough to play in the NBA or on the PGA tour but I doubt he'd be near the top in either. I love Romo but I have come to think that just competing is good enough for him. I'm sure he wants to win every time but I fear winning is not what motivates him. I hope I'm wrong but I have felt for 2 or 3 years now that Romo is more than satified with just competing at a high level and that winning and losing is just the byproduct.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Competing at the high level, as his part of the team, is what gives him and his team the best shot to win.

So, yeah, him wanting to compete at that high level is his way of wanting to ensure he wins.

He just needs the rest of the guys on the team to compete the same way and this team would be much better.