1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Paul Pasqualoni replaces Wade Phillips as Cowboys' defensive coordinator

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 8, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,314 Messages
    4,650 Likes Received
    Todd Archer

IRVING – During a break in training camp last August, Jay Ratliff spoke intently about new defensive line coach Paul Pasqualoni.

"He's so intense," Ratliff said. "And one of the things that makes him a great coach is it's almost like he's not a coach just here. He lives it. He's almost legendary."

With Jason Garrett replacing Wade Phillips as coach on Monday, the Cowboys named Pasqualoni as Phillips' replacement at defensive coordinator.

"I think that Paul's disposition, his approach, his skill, you know his background, but I think he brings something to the table to institute for us this week, next week and during these next eight weeks – a change in the culture," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said.

Pasqualoni is in his second tour on the Cowboys' coaching staff.

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...stories/110910dnspocowassistants.34ffc83.html
  2. LUVDABOYS

LUVDABOYS Member

235 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Color me "unimpressed" with the Cowboys Defensive line. Hope he can do better with his new job.
  3. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    He was just as unimpressive in his tenure as the Dolphins DC.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    At least Herring didn't get the job. With the job he's done developing Sean Lee, Anthony Spencer and Jason Williams, he deserves an F-. And Campo has the worst secondary unit in the NFL, hands down.
  5. BBates40

BBates40 New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    New to message boards but a life long Cowboys fan. I live in Florida and as a result follow the dolphins as well. Coach P was a disaster as a DC, with the over sensitive fin fans calling for his head for being to conservative and unwillingly to make adjustments either in game or pre game. As bad a HC coach Phillips was, his abilities as a DC will run circles around Coach P, although I'll admit that from what we've seen so far either Phillips has slipped or the players no longer believed in his system.
  6. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,181 Messages
    4,615 Likes Received
    :welcome: Sometimes just a change will help. But I'm not looking for a great deal of difference in how the Cowboys play. I hope I'm wrong. This season would be a joke if it weren't so painful.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received

2007 Dolphins defense Under Don Capers -- 30th in the NFL in points allowed.
    2008 Dolphins defnese Under Paul Pasqueloni -- 9th in the NFL in points allowed.

If that's a "disaster", we could use those kind of disasters around here instead of the disasters we're accustomed to.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,143 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    Nice post, and he did it with pretty marginal talent as well.