1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: RB DeMarco Murray: "I know I'm ready''

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 19, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,084 Messages
    4,012 Likes Received
    ByDavid Moore / Reporter
    dmoore@dallasnews.com | Bio

2:59 PM on Wed., Oct. 19, 2011 | Permalink

The Cowboys third round pick will move into the spotlight now that starter Felix Jones is out two to four weeks with a high ankle sprain. No one has said he will start, but when Jones went down against New England, it was Murray who inherited the majority of his carries, not Tashard Choice.

"I know I'm ready,'' Murray said. "I'm not trying to show anybody outside of this lockeroom that I'm ready or not. I'm playing for myself and my teammates to get the win.''

Murray is the team's second leading rusher with 24 carries for 71 yards. Head coach Jason Garrett said the rookie's running style is similar to Jones, but Murray will tell you there is on difference.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/10/cowboys-rb-demarco-murray-i-kn.html
  2. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Boomer Sooner !! :bow: :bow:

Let him run, Red!!! :)
  3. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    A little jab at Choice, perhaps? :)

I really like Murray- I hope he wins the starters spot and Felix becomes our change of pace guy. By saying I hope he wins the starters spot; I am saying man, I sure hope he fixes our run game. :p:

I am sure he will look good in the coming few weeks, but remember where those defenses rank against the run before handing out any crowns.
  4. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We don't have an OL that can open holes for the RBs and these guys want to run patiently and wait for the holes to open? No wonder they're getting creamed in the backfield. Hey Harris, forget all that 'patience' nonsense and hit the hole hard. Period!
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,819 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received

Murray is the team's second leading rusher with 24 carries for 71 yards. Head coach Jason Garrett said the rookie's running style is similar to Jones, but Murray will tell you there is on difference.

Ouch. That is sickening :laugh2:
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Rams are dead last in the NFL against the run. 163 yards per game allowed. 4.9 yards per carry.

Turn the rookie loose.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Dallas doesn't hang 40 on St. Louis I'll be shocked....
  8. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,303 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I can see Murray having some big runs on Sunday, maybe that'll give him some confidence. I like what I've seen out of DeMarco Murray from the very get go. He's game and I expect him to take full advantage over having a chance to start.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,084 Messages
    4,012 Likes Received
    I'll take the W and be satisfied with that.. lol
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Echo this.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,038 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
  12. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,366 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    this ^^^^^^2x
  13. ANTHONYSCOTT

ANTHONYSCOTT Well-Known Member

1,226 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Although I like Felix, theres something about this rookie... I myself think its an upgrade also. Turn this kid loose and let him run, this is a good team to get healthy (get a good win) against!
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,819 Messages
    701 Likes Received
    I hope you are ready Murray. I want to see some big things out of him over the next few weeks.
  15. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    He became one of my all-time favorites at OU.

You should have seen him as a freshman with his speed and agility.

Later in his career though is when I learned to love him even more. He became the guy that got the tough yards. He got you three yards when you had to have it, caught the ball, blocked, played special teams, and still managed to rip off a big play pretty often.

I'll be hoping he shines this weekend.
  16. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Great. That means we should pass every down.
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which leads me to believe that Red will once again OVERcompensate, and we'll be RUNNING the whole game....even if it's not working. :bang2: