1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Senior Bowl Day 3 Notes: Jerry Jones and Cowboys coaches head home

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 25, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,475 Messages
    4,435 Likes Received
    ByBrandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio

6:33 PM on Wed., Jan. 25, 2012 | Permalink
    MOBILE, Ala. -- The third day of practices for the North and South teams at the Senior Bowl have finished. Here are some news and notes from today:

* The Cowboys' coaching staff, owner Jerry Jones and VP Stephen Jones watched the North's practice this morning at Ladd-Peebles Stadium. Afterward, several of the Cowboys' assistant coaches -- including offensive coordinator Bill Callahan and defensive coordinator Rob Ryan -- and Jerry and Stephen Jones left the Senior Bowl for the week. The Cowboys' scouting department was still at the stadium for the South's afternoon practice as well as Cowboys coach Jason Garrett, wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson, running backs coach Skip Peete, defensive line coach Brian Baker and new secondary coach Jerome Henderson. The Cowboys' coaching staff wanted to make sure it watched the North and South teams practice two times each before departing.

* As I wrote about in today's newspaper, it's unlikely that the Cowboys draft a quarterback this year. Oklahoma State 28-year-old senior Brandon Weeden said Wednesday that he did fill out a questionnaire for the Cowboys on Sunday at the Senior Bowl, but he's done the same thing for almost every other NFL team as well. So, don't read anything into that.

* Some mock drafts have the Cowboys selecting Nebraska senior cornerback Alfonzo Dennard with their first-round pick. Dennard, who is playing for the North team this week at the Senior Bowl, said Wednesday that he has interviewed with the Cowboys this week. Dennard said that Minnesota Vikings coaches have him learning to play inside this week and he said it's not comfortable for him yet because he primarily played outside cornerback at Nebraska. Dennard hasn't had a great week of practices. At 5-10 and 203 pounds, Dennard is built more like a

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/some-news-and-notes-from-day-3.html
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,238 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    looks like Dennard will slide into the 2nd.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,496 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    yeah he looked bad out there.
  4. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    and if I were in charge of the Cowboys, I wouldn't select him there either.
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,238 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    yeah I was going to say the same thing, there are a number of 2nd round CBs I would take over him. I wouldn't take his short stiff hips in the 3rd.