1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Tony Romo: My rehab from back surgery is going well, no setbacks; ‘We’re getting close’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Mar 9, 2014.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,703 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 9, 2014, 8:16 AM EDT
    [IMG]Getty Images
    Last off season, one of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ proclamations was that he wantedquarterback Tony Romo to take on a Peyton Manning-esque approach to his job.

Romo appears to be going that route on one front. Romo and Cowboys coach Jason Garrett were decked out in Duke gear and in the stands for Duke’s basketball game against North Carolina on Saturday and Jeff Gravley of WRAL reports that they have been workingwith Duke football coach David Cutcliffe. Cutcliffe was Manning’s offensive coordinator at the University of Tennessee and has remained a frequent collaborator with the Broncos quarterback.

One of the times Manning and Cutcliffe worked together was in the wake of Manning’s neck surgery and Romo is taking a page from that book as he makes his way back from back surgery. Romo told ESPN during the game that his recovery was going well and that he expects to be on the field for OTAs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-close-in-rehab-working-with-david-cutcliffe/
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,703 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    If I could have anybody as a QB coach, Cutcliffe would be at the top of the list.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,632 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received
    In LOSING games, Romo had an astounding 17 TD passes and an outer worldly small number, 3ints. Yet you harp on ints.

Try..ever in NFL history..EVER...to find a better ratio than than that for a team that went 8-8.
    I'm well aware that Romo is far from perfect, but some of you haters are are flat out embarrassing with your lack of big picture football knowledge.
    jobberone and Nav22 like this.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,632 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received
    At New York for the game winning drive? Meaningless?
    At Washington with the season on the line..meaningless?
    Go take the short bus home
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    jobberone, BIGDen and Nav22 like this.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Smart move... I love it. Romo will crush again next season.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,652 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Not worried about Romo. Continue the rebuild up front, replace Austin. The offense should be playoff worthy.
    jobberone likes this.
  7. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    I thought that was an interesting stat, 14-7 when winning, and 17-3 when losing.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    Agreed...
  9. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

550 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    I didnt think so, thought he looked a lil chunky and his hairline may be further back than LeBrons ;)
    jobberone likes this.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,298 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    Agree with the caveat I'd like to see Austin's contract renegotiated. IF healthy he is still a potent weapon. This offense would be more dangerous with a healthy Austin and an improved Harris and Williams. Having said that I'd be surprised if we didn't draft a WR in the talent rich WR environment. Look for one in the 1-3 probably 2 or 3. Of course that depends on who else is available. They will be looking at OL, DL, LB, S and CB but won't hesitate to take a WR if he's the BPA.