1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Tony Romo on Jerry Jones: ‘He’s great at life lessons…I have never seen a guy...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,042 Messages
    5,533 Likes Received
    By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com
    2:54 pm on September 13, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING — Tony Romo and Jerry Jones joined the mutual admiration society long ago. The quarterback and owner get along swimmingly as evidenced by the fact that they both go out of their way to praise each other when the opportunity presents itself. On Thursday, it was Romo’s turn to pay compliments to the man who writes his checks.

“I got lucky when iIcame here and work for an owner who cares as badly as I do about winning,” Romo said. “…Just from my perspective he has been as great an owner as you could possibly have.”

Romo said that Jones is very “knowledgeable” about football. But his most notable strength, according to Romo, is the ability to connect with the team.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ns-i-have-never-seen-a-guy-work-as-hard.html/
  2. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is without question a great American. I wish I could truly enjoy the fact he owns our Cowboys.
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,463 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Having an owner like Jerry has its ups and downs.. But I can agree that Jerry wants to win just as badly as us fans..
  4. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Totally agree.
  5. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    No. Jerry admitted he should have fired himself as General Manager. Then why didn't he? Why hasn't he?

If he really wanted to win he'd get the team the dedicated personnel manager it needs, define the roles of leadership and how everyone will be held accountable and sit back and watch his team win.

Between his NFL, stadium, and team marketing duties he'd be plenty involved.

The only conclusion you can come to is first and foremost he wants it to be his team and his success at every level. Winning comes second to his own adulation.
  6. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,535 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    cue the "they tore up my credit cards at Love Field" story from Jerry...
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

37,495 Messages
    3,804 Likes Received
    [youtube]t3GnWTy8Ebg[/youtube]

Right on time, too. Like a clock.