1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Travis Frederick: My rookie year was OK; fewer distractions will help me become a better...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 19, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

27,880 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Dallas Cowboys center Travis Frederick (72) blocks for running back Lance Dunbar during the first half of Dallas' 24-21 win over the New York Giants Sunday, November 24, 2013 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. (G.J. McCarthy/The Dallas Morning News)

Between signing autographs Saturday morning at Richardson Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, the former first-round pick talked about his first season as a pro and what’s nice about having a year of experience.

“I think it went OK,” Frederick said. “I saw a great deal of improvement throughout the season. You go back and look at the film, to me, it looks like I’m a different player at the end of the year than I was at the beginning of the year.”

Frederick said improving his quickness has been his main focus during the off-season. When he hasn’t been at Valley Ranch working out and watching film with his teammates, Frederick has been busy getting married, traveling and taking in the NCAA national championship men’s basketball game at AT&T Stadium. Frederick was out of town for the semifinals, so he was unable to see his Wisconsin Badgers play in person.

visit site to read more]

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,657 Messages
    4,788 Likes Received
  3. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Benched

97 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Yep. This guy is rapidly becoming one of the better linemen in the league, and has the right attitude of always looking to improve.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    and to think my initial reaction to drafting him was #(*%*()# )@)($%&*(!@)*$%&)@)*$%)&*(@)*$&*)@*)$ for about 30 minutes. mind you, that's a lot of typing. but when i calmed down and did some research on him, i had to jump back and kiss myself, cause sometimes you just gotta do that. when i was done there, i saw we took the #1 rated center in the draft. couple that with my own GET A CENTER!!! mantra for several years, i liked the pick.

i'm loving it now.
  5. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    This is the type of attitude that becomes contagious and, dare I say "changes the culture".
    waving monkey likes this.
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,237 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Love this kid. Might be the smartest player and person in the building as well.

He's gonna be a lifer.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,992 Messages
    3,553 Likes Received
    I love him for his play but also because he stopped all the Costa threads and posts. I love him.
  8. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,199 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    I hope we get a guard in the draft
    Doomsay and 1LoyalCowboyFan like this.
  9. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Definitely a fan of him. I think he'll be a solid anchor on the line for a while.
    Little Jr likes this.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received

Lol that was my reaction. Some of it was because I really didn't know much about him. The other part probably had to do with the 18 budlights I had in me. The next day I sobered up and read up a little on him and I calmed down a bit. Still was a little skeptical but his play last year took that away.
    CowboysLegend365 and BigStar like this.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,180 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    Man I thought I was the only one kissing myself during drafts...
    Little Jr likes this.
  12. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,563 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    This kid is a beast and is smart as heck too. Give JJ a little credit here - what a great pick this was. A pro from day one.
    pancakeman likes this.
  13. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Very true indeed;)
    jobberone likes this.
  14. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

5,802 Messages
    1,124 Likes Received
    The thought of having Frederick and Smith anchoring the line for the next 10 years really warms my heart. Add a young guard to that mix and I think I'll be kissing myself too.
  15. Rainy

Rainy Member

41 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    moar stories on this guy!
    we didnt really hear his name much during the season but that is a great thing if you're an offensive linemen.
    here's to hoping we can get another guy like him on either side of the line this year
  16. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    This guy has his priorities all in a row.

All Pro written all over him.
  17. imjunsul

imjunsul Member

39 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We should definitely pick a guard or RT in the 2nd or 3rd round.
  18. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Yes he is going to be a good one.
  19. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,797 Messages
    1,635 Likes Received
    Might be my favorite player right now.
    5Stars, starfrombirth and Fredd like this.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,992 Messages
    3,553 Likes Received
    He definitely punches the time clock and wears his hard hat on the job.

Sure would like that line to gel together and create the Zero club or other like koolness and camaraderie.
    starfrombirth likes this.