1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: TV ratings up for Jason Garrett's debut as Cowboys coach

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    TV ratings up for Jason Garrett's debut as Cowboys coach

11:27 PM CST on Friday, November 19, 2010

The Cowboys' local television audience was up 155,676 homes from Wade Phillips' final game, a dreary Sunday night affair, to Jason Garrett's debut against the Giants last Sunday afternoon. Nothing like a lead to keep a Dallas-Fort Worth audience glued to their television sets.

The D-FW rating jumped from a 27.8 to a 33.8. Jerry Jones thanks you for taking the time.

Fox's Kenny Albert, Daryl Johnston and Tony Siragusa work Sunday's noon game when the Detroit Lions visit Cowboys Stadium. The game will be broadcast to only 14 percent of the country – Texas, Oklahoma and the Detroit area.

read more... http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...wboys/stories/112010dnspocowtv.248d54266.html
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,240 Messages
    2,807 Likes Received
    That means nothing to me. It's a schedule thing. Fox only has the single game coverage this weekend so every game is a regional broadcast only.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be going to the bar tomorrow to catch the game.
  4. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,261 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Lucky. I will have to listen via the internet. At least I won't miss out entirely.

Hey, have a beer or 3 for me! :cheers:
  5. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As far as I'm concerned, all Cowboy games should be shown nationally. If this was shown, bet you it would garner better ratings then just about all the other games. Cowboy lovers would watch and Cowboy haters would watch cause they hate us so much.

I'll also be hitting the nearest bar carrying the game.
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    612 Likes Received
    If we deliver a good game on turkey day, we'll be national the rest of the season.:D