1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Two committed? Double-booked Dez has to choose, picks video games over Dirk's softball game

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 1, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,425 Messages
    4,382 Likes Received
    SportsDayDFW.com

Published: 29 June 2013 01:26 AM

Updated: 29 June 2013 01:26 AM

The talented wide receiver was too committed (make that two committed) on Saturday. Dez apparently had to make a choice after finding himself expected to be on hand for two June 29 events ... one in Frisco, Texas (6:30 p.m., CDT), and the other in Anaheim, Calif., (9:30 p.m., CDT).

Since the events are only three hours apart, Dez was either going to have to be in two places at one time or choose between the events.

Dez chose the Major League Gaming Spring Championship, a video-game extravaganza featuring pro athletes (including Dwight Howard) and others against pro video gamers, rather than attend Dirk Nowitzki's 2013 Heroes Celebrity Baseball Game at Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...cks-video-games-over-dirk-s-softball-game.ece
  2. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,606 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I wonder how he did in the competition.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    I think they won!
    I saw a team victory photo with him in it and I also saw him in photos with a group of firefighters (or maybe it was policeman?).
    I think I even read that he and Dwight Howard teamed up in segment.
  4. Sweaty08

Sweaty08 New Member

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Him and Dwight teamed up with two Call of Duty pros, and their team won.
  5. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,033 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Of course the article hinted that Dez used bad judgement, I cannot wait for training camp to start!
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,606 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Great! I hope he recruited Dwight Howard while he was there. The Mavs could use him.
  7. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I'll watch D12 in Dallas. I'd rather see him with LA, though. The NBA is going to be crazy next year.