1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: VP Stephen Jones: Don’t just blame Jerry Jones, blame me

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I applaud Stephen for trying to take some of the heat off of his dad. Perhaps he should be taking some of the blame too, but fans have been dealing with Jerry for way longer than Stephen and Jerry is light years ahead in the blowhard category.

He deserves what he is getting right now.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,875 Messages
    7,602 Likes Received
    “We got to protect the ball. We got to reduce the penalties and we got to create some turnovers on defense."

Sounds familiar. I have no idea why people are saying this is idiotic, because it's pretty evident what's getting us beat. Shocked that Stephen forgot to mention OL pass protection and play calling, though. And Tony Romo's QB play. Wonder how he forgot all that?
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,203 Messages
    2,013 Likes Received
    Ah well when one craves the spotlight & can afford to buy it...well they might get your own radio show.

I could not listen to Jerry. He uh's & hmmm's too much.

I've never seen Stephen talk too much. He might be fine.
  4. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

573 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    We are sooooh the new Raiders.
  5. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    Yes, because Jerry Jones is leading us down the road to the Super Bowl.:lmao2: :lmao2:
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    I have been blaming you, Stephen. While fans have been giving you that backup QB treatment I've been saying you suck just as much as your father.

The only question I have is does he have the smarts to eventually bring in a real GM.
  7. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

838 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh1:

:bang2: :( :banghead:
  8. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

846 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    sounds to me like this Dynamic Duo is getting thin skinned lately.....guess they have been listening to the radio shows and reading the Cowboys Zone. LOL..... too bad he appears to be learning from the "master". Radio show to talk about what he knows nothing about just like ole dad.

He certainly does deserve the blame as well for all these wasted years with no end in sight. Thank you Stephen for all you do.

I guess we gots ourselves the 3 stooges. Stephen, Jerry and Jason. And lookout Jason, cuz the other two are NOT going to fire themselves when the heat is on. Like Jethro says, he will stir things up when fans get fed up with him.
  9. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Short of Rich Dalrymple, he seems to be chief of damage control.
  10. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    In defense of Stephen, he did say in an interview that he would more than likely hire a GM when he took over. Couldn't be soon enough, I don't wish death on Jerry though, maybe his mouth being taped shut during the season or something.
  11. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,419 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    I keep hearing this urban legend, but I have seen no proof of this. Do you have any?

And, the fact that he has a radio show and has been much more visible with the franchise in terms of interviews leads me to believe the opposite.
  12. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I actually think he does. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who craves to be the center of attention like Jerry.
  13. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,110 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Stephen, please, you don't know what you're talking about. You dont' work there. You're not close to the situation. You're not in the decision making process. You don't know how Jerry operates... it's all his fault..

wait...

nevermind..
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,512 Messages
    9,672 Likes Received
    We shall see.

I'd be willing to bet he will initially operate as his own GM. Then maybe after years of similar failure he'll bring someone else in.

That's just my opinion on it.
  15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

12,210 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    With junior having to step up,I'm thinking the pressure might be starting to get to daddy.