1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: WR Dwayne Harris not ready to concede No. 3 WR job to 3RD pick Terrance Williams

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 30, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,934 Messages
    7,998 Likes Received
    By Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com
    8:05 am on May 30, 2013 | Permalink

IRVING – Dallas Cowboys receiver Dwayne Harris is like that kid in the back of the line waiting for his share of a dwindling supply of candy. That kid who is jumping around and waving his arms, yelling, “Hey, don’t forget about me.”

“Every year, you have to fight for your job,” Harris said. “They’re always drafting new guys. Every year you don’t know who they’re going to draft. When you see a receiver get drafted, you just have to go out there and do your job. Everybody has to work for what they want, so I guess that’s what it is.”

“I definitely took a step forward with all the production I had toward the end of the season,” Harris said. “Now I’m just trying to build on that and continue that throughout next season and throughout camp.”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...b-to-third-round-pick-terrance-williams.html/
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    I think both Harris and Williams will get ample oppertunity over the course of the season.
  3. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,531 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Really thinking we have a 3rd and 4th WR that can make plays in different ways, Harris is the 3rd and the clutch catch, Williams the 4th is and outside threat for the homerun.
  4. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,431 Messages
    2,173 Likes Received
    I think Harris is going to end up being the go to guy, in the same way Welker was for Brady for so many years, and Williams (if he developes) will eventually be the replacement for Miles.
  5. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Hire the editors back, please..

I can't even take headlines like this seriously. It makes me not even want to read the article.

Its like the 4th day of OTA's, and he's not ready to give up the battle yet? Oh really? How shocking..
  6. Doomsday101

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    I don't know some guys get upset and cause issues or ask to be traded when a player is drafted at their position. What was Crayton reaction to the Dez Bryant pick? He wanted out of Dallas. Harris is not
  7. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Crayton was a guy who had been in the league awhile and it wasn't the first time he had complaints.. Harris is hardly even proven yet and has no history of any kind of attitude issues. I don't think its quite the same situation.
  8. Doomsday101

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    I don't think it changes that much, Harris came on strong in the 2nd half of the season and now a highly thought of rookie is coming in. I think for some players it can affect them even though that is how things work in sports. There is always a new guy coming in looking to earn a job at the expense of a current player. The media evidently asked for his reaction to the selection of Williams and what that means to him.
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,022 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    I know they are giving him looks as the outside WR in 3WR sets in OTAs. But i think it's highly unlikely Williams is on the field much early on in the season. Ideally you hope by midseason he's gradually earning more offensive snaps to where he's making a consistent impact by Thanksgiving.

As for Harris...i think he'll have a nice season. Something like 35 catches 500 yds.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,710 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    There are going to be times where we see both of these guys on the field anyways.

I think it will be more of a 3a/3b situation than anything.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,137 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    48 catches for 620 yards and 3 TDs:D

Two Tds on returns too.

If Austin gets hurt, Harris is fully capable of 900+ yards. He will just belimited because Dez, Miles, and Witten are all ahead of him...plus Williams will be in the mix too.
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,598 Messages
    1,176 Likes Received
    Williams wasn't drafted to replace Harris. He was drafted to replace Austin IMO.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

24,137 Messages
    2,737 Likes Received
    I think so too.

Dez and Williams on the outside and Harris and maybe Beasley on the inside in 2014 would not surprise me at all.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

8,180 Messages
    2,586 Likes Received
    Agree
    Likely Austin's last season here
  15. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,022 Messages
    659 Likes Received
    I think he is capable of those numbers and even more given the opportunity. It's just tough when he's the 4th option behind Dez/Miles/Witten. Then you've also got Williams who I'm sure they'll get out there as well. I also expect better rushing stats, so Romo's passing numbers won't be as high as last season.
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    I love the competition, it will only make both players that much better!