1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Doctor finds spiders in ear of Oregon boy with earache.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by ConcordCowboy, May 7, 2007.

1. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Doctor finds spiders in ear of Oregon boy with earache

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003696536_spiders07.html

DAVID PATTON / AP

[IMG]

Jesse Courtney, 9, of Albany, Ore., displays the two spiders that were removed Friday from his ear.

ALBANY, Ore. — These guys weren't exactly Snap, Crackle and Pop.

What began as a faint popping in a 9-year-old boy's ear ended up as an earache, and the doctor's diagnosis was that a pair of spiders had made a home in the ear.

"They were walking on my eardrums," Jesse Courtney said.

One of the spiders was still alive after the doctor flushed the fourth-grader's left ear canal.

His mother, Diane Courtney, said her son insisted he kept hearing a faint popping in his ear — "like Rice Krispies."

Dr. David Irvine said that when he examined the boy it looked as if he had something in his ear.

When he irrigated the ear, the first spider came out, dead. The other spider took a second dousing before it emerged, still alive. Both were about the size of a pencil eraser.

Jesse was given the spiders — now both dead. He has taken them to school, and his mother has taken them to work.

"It was real interesting 'cause, two spiders in my ear — what next?" Jesse said.

Copyright © 2007 The Seattle Times Company
  2. smarta5150

smarta5150 Mr. Wright

7,161 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am so glad you didn't post this when I asked about ear affections... lol.

This might of freaked me out a little bit.
  3. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If your earaches come back well then...Just maybe...

[IMG]
  4. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I remember when I was a kid, I had a horrible earache and the doctor pulled one of these babies out of my ear:

[IMG]
  5. ROMOSAPIEN9

ROMOSAPIEN9 Proud Grandpa

2,250 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I used to work with this guy circa 1994. He came to work one day with a bobby pin trying to dig something out of his ear. All day long he kept sticking the rounded part of the pin in his ear and digging away. Finaly after about 4 hours of this he got his ex-wife (she also worked there) to do some digging..........she managed to scoop out half a roach.

One of the sickest things I've ever seen in person. But the guy was/is a jerk, so my reaction at the time was .....":lmao2: "
  6. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    GROSS!

[IMG]

And half of it's still in there!:puke: