1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does anyone remember when Dallas 0-5 vs 05 Washington.....

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by cowboys101, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,560 Messages
    4,846 Likes Received
    I will forever remember this game because of the Richard Simmons introduction.

[IMG]
  2. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,178 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    :pee:

memories of that game and that team make me sick...those years in cap hell and trying to get out of it with Campo as coach...
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Gotta disagree, WG, his arm has no power or range whatsoever and he's too small. To throw deep, he has to wind up and step into his throw. His intermediate passes between the hashes work... when he can see over the OL. The guy is the Devil (not as bad as Quincy) because he shows heart and promise but can never deliver for four quarters and often spanning entire games.

He was awful in that game in particular. He basically sprained Galloway's ankle by badly, and I mean badly underthrowing him. JG was blowing past Smoot the whole game, and on that pass it was hilarious, Galloway turned his body 180 degrees from a full run to try and slow down to deal with the ball which was a pitiful lob only Smoot had a chance to slow down and catch. To recall a more frustrating case of watching Galloway get open and not get the ball I had to go back to 1996 watching Rick Mirer's pathetic @ss.

Wright is gone and good riddance. I know many feel the same about Galloway, but he was clearly not the problem.
  4. stag hunter

stag hunter Hater

603 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    speaking of jeff george what ever happened to him? i heard he was working out and trying to make a comeback this year?
  5. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

1,003 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I was at that game! Sitting in the last row no less!

That was the game where the Cowboys' kicker was almost run over by a horse that was on the feild during pre-game warm ups.

I tape recorded that game and remember the announcers saying it was sold out, but the stadium was half full (at best!). Still the crowd was very loud, even Banks (redskins QB) had to call time-out because he couldn't hear good enough I guess.
  6. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

1,003 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I also remember that game being so boring that we were watching the baseball game on TV while this game was going on! Once again, we were sitting in the last row, next to the suites and they had the baseball game on the TVs in them.

That reminds me, I hate the yankees!!!!!!!
  7. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh no, here we go again!! Ravi making excuses for Galloway, the worst FA signing EVER! Yes Wright lacks deep ball strength, but Galloway hardly helped the guy out with his short-intermediate receiving skills (which personally I think are a prerequisite for a #1 WR, unless you're Randy Moss, which Galloway clearly isn't.) Honesty Ravi, once and for all, please explain your Galloway obsession!
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,560 Messages
    4,846 Likes Received
    Too bad we did not sign Galloway as a free agent instead of trade TWO NUMBER ONE draft choices for him.
  9. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One more Galloway point. There was a game 2 years ago (I think against the Bucs) where Galloway took a reverse, and faced with the chance of turning it upfield or going out of bounds, he chose the latter. I remember the commentators pointed it out and I turned to Diego and said "THAT is why Galloway is a bust. No heart, no toughness at all.)

The guy enjoyed a very productive first four years to his career and then held out. He was never the same after. For me, he's the Bobby Humphreys of WRs. He's just managed to play longer.
  10. jem88

jem88 Active Member

2,698 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He wouldn't have been worth the contract we would've had to give him.
  11. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i remember that game quite well. while i was happy to win, i was utterly shocked at how bad we had become and i knew it was a small moment of happiness for the season.

but...0-4 or not, that was an entertaining game.