1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does KC's win over Philly validate our loss more?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fredd, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

2,712 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    After watching the KC win over Philly last night, does the win make our one loss look more reasonable? The KC defense played very well and held the "vaunted" philly offense down for the most part...of course, the eagles had 5 turnovers (was it 6?) and that helped things, but a lot of that was caused by pressure.

IMO, our loss doesn't look so bad when you think that philly's offense was held in check just 5 days after KC held our struggling offense in check. This is a glass-half-full thought process, I will admit. the offense certainly has a lot to fix/update/improve and mush of that starts with the play-calling. But, I would have felt much worse about our loss if philly had trounced KC.

what say you?
  2. Carharris2

Carharris2 Active Member

646 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Yes it does.
  3. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,217 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    Yes, especially with a road game on a short week for the Chiefs. It also shows how important turnovers are.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,520 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    Im surprised it took this long for this thread to arrive. There's no such thing as a validated loss. We lost for a myriad of reasons, time to move on.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,590 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    So now we measure ourselves to philly?

We should have won, and should have played better.

I won't say "hey because philly lost, i feel better now".
    lostar2009, tantrix1969 and Zordon like this.
  6. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,693 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I am not sure it makes me feel a lot better, but I can tell you if the Eagles blew them out I would feel a lot worse.
  7. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,840 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Not really. I understand your thought process but that is a game we let get away regardless of what kc does the rest of the yr
    lostar2009 likes this.
  8. John_S

John_S Member

57 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you feel better today because the Eagles lost last night, then good for you.
    So far, EVERY NFC East team stinks. We'll see what happens as the weeks pass by.
  9. NinePointOh

NinePointOh Active Member

1,533 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    All that really matters is we gained another half-game on the Eagles in the division standings.
  10. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

3,990 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    This is about incomplete information and prediction. We don't know how good (or bad) these Cowboys are and, related, how they will perform this season, which is still very young. Same goes with KC. So any new information represents a significant increase in what we know about this team and how they'll do.

So I don't know if it validates the loss but it may marginally increase our expected wins.
    theogt likes this.
  11. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,047 Messages
    500 Likes Received
    We should have won that Chiefs game. Period... Can we move on now? When we start getting into measuring how well we lost to how well others lost that can lead to a slippery slope pretty quickly.
  12. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,356 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    It makes me feel better about our offense. Not sure it really "validates" the loss though.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  13. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,424 Messages
    1,800 Likes Received
    I'm glad Philly lost. I agree if Philly had soundly beaten them then I'd feel worse about the team. Not consoling but it's not salt on the wound either.
  14. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,027 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    It validates for me the difference a good coach can make to a teams win and loss record.
  15. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,356 Messages
    783 Likes Received
    Well, and a QB.
  16. jobberone

jobberone Orangutan for hire; blues and southern rock Staff Member

33,424 Messages
    1,800 Likes Received
    I'm thinking more about the DC than the HC but Reid helps there. I have respect for Reid. I like their DC.
  17. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    We both lost cause of turnovers and KC D capitalized. There's nothing magical there. It's a recipe for losing.
  18. noshame

noshame Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,919 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Life is a bit more complicated in the NFL aye Chip? 7-9 can take this division.
  19. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,173 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    No, but if Dallas wins this weekend you could validate them being anywhere from a game to two games up over the rest of the NFC East and in a great spot to win a weak division.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,383 Messages
    1,234 Likes Received
    Agreed - seems like we are always looking for excuses.............., players, coaches and fans. Fact of the matter remains, we are an average football team. What happens in other games will not make us better.
    CyberB0b, Zman5, tantrix1969 and 2 others like this.