1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Does KC's win over Philly validate our loss more?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Fredd, Sep 20, 2013.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,849 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    In a word. No.

Our game was there to win. Philly getting beat has ZERO relevance.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,457 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received

absolutely!!

this is actually a great formula
    just have to make sure the team we lose to, wins the week after

lets see....

if we lose to St Louis this week and they win next week, that validates that loss
    if we lose to .....
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,593 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    Just shows that KC is a good team. That is all that game last night showed outside of the fact that the birds are in big trouble.
  4. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,451 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I don't know if they held them down, Philly had 450 yards of offense and were able to move the ball pretty much at will. 260 Yards rushing compared to our 30 tells me our running woes last week weren't as much to do about the Chiefs front 7 as it was about our own ineptitude. It was the 5 turnovers and penalties that did them in.

Still nice that Philly lost though.
  5. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,229 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    I always like when the Eagles lose but that is all.
  6. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

2,585 Messages
    1,526 Likes Received
    1-1 and we are taking moral victory laps.

Unbelievable.

I will say this I wasn't distraught over our 1 point road loss in a hostile environment. That team had 6 pro bowlers last year.

But hopefully people are coming down off the ledge.

This board was bad after the Giants win. It's been almost unbearable after the Chiefs loss.

God have mercy on our souls if we lose to the Rams.
    Boyzmamacita and Staubacher like this.
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,457 Messages
    2,067 Likes Received

Jeez!
    thanx for making me feel worse
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,455 Messages
    8,343 Likes Received
    Good post, Sarge.

It's pretty sad to see how low the fans' expectation level is these days. We never use to excuse losses.
    Sarge likes this.
  9. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Completely agree.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,129 Messages
    4,328 Likes Received
    No. We lost to a team we should have beat. The fact KC beat a team that only won 4 games last year doesn't make me feel any better at all.
  11. Zimmy Lives

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    It remains to be seen if this is, yet again, an average team. What is glaring is that Dallas has yet to develop consistency in the manner in which they execute on the field. Only time will tell if they have overcome the hump of their own mediocrity.
  12. AtomicDog

AtomicDog Member

298 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    All it does is guarantee we're still at least tied for 1st place in the nfc east race no matter what we do on Sunday! *snicker snicker*
  13. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,099 Messages
    1,122 Likes Received
    It does NOT for me. When you start worrying too much about what the rest of the league is doing, you start justifying your own faults and problems instead of fixing them.

Part of the issue here is I saw a major flaw in Chip Kelly's offensive scheme at about midway thru the Redskins game. I believe his offense can work, but you need 2 tailbacks to split the carries and a 3rd to get about 5-10 carries. They relied on McCoy, typically a 15-20 carries a game tailback...and gave him 31 carries in the first game. You also need a pocket passer that is good at avoiding the rush. Vick is neither of those. BTW, it's pretty easy to see when the Eagles really need a play...they are going to a read option and Vick is keeping the ball.

They were a 4-12 team last year with a coach that is smart, but runs an offense better suited for college.

YR
  14. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,871 Messages
    1,758 Likes Received
    Perhaps. But the non-Dallas football fan will tell you that we are, and have been an average football team for over a decade. I would agree with that non-Dallas football fan. With that, I have seen nothing since Garrett took over that might suggest we are headed in the right direction.

Other teams rebuild - we just tread water - year after year after year.
    lane likes this.
  15. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,295 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    That's because some Cowboy's fans feel entitled after our 2 dynasties happened. They don't get the fact that if it was so easy to be a dynasty, every team would be one. In today's salary cap era, each organization has to have a great deal of luck as well as great decision making, drafting, etc.

So get over it. The glory days are done and the odds we'll get another dynasty are very slim. If what it takes for you to enjoy your team is total domination or else, then you are in a plethora of sad Sundays. Enjoy the victories the Boys do get. What's the point of being a fan if only misery is what you get. Sure it was more fun in the days of the Triplets, but I can still take joy and relief in a close win in today's world.
    Rhubarb and Idgit like this.
  16. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,451 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    No we should be 2-0, I feel we are better than philly so I dont see how KC winning validates our lost.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,485 Messages
    6,196 Likes Received
    Not sure what 'validating' a loss does. I do think the Philly game last night gave some useful context.

We're going to lose some more games this year. People had better adjust their expectations. And KC beat us more than we let anything get away. They were a better team at home than we were that day. There's no point pretending otherwise.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,184 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    I don't like this line of thinking. If we expect to be a serious contender, then we shouldn't be matching ourselves up against what other teams do...especailly inferior ones.
  19. Zimmy Lives

5,847 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    It does appear that way. IMO, this is a make or break year for our Cowboys. The coach, along with his old core group of stars, has not been able to get the team over the hump. For whatever reason, they can never put together 60 minutes of well-executed consistent football from week to week.

As I said, only time will tell if this team is built to improve or, as you say, tread water.
    Sarge likes this.
  20. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,287 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    The only thing that makes me feel better is about or Oline. Houston had a good season last night, and I can't remember if he even got near Romo in our game. Same with Hali. Now Poe, that's another story.