1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dog swimmin'

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Heisenberg, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Does anyone in the DFW area know of a dog-friendly swimming area? I know of the White Rock Lake dog park, but that's kind of rocky in that area and he's never been swimming before. I'd rather have a place that's a little bit more accessible for me and him.

A swimming pool type thing would be very cool, but a lake isn't out of the question either.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  3. DallasFanSince86

DallasFanSince86 Pessimism Sucks

2,056 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,589 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    If only he'd fit in that. :D
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I have the same problem with one of my huskies. She loves being in the water, but she's a bit too big for one of those.
  7. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Seriously though - Ozzu, if you can find one, I'd like to know the answer to that as well.
  8. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've gone to Lake Arlington for a while as it's very close, fairly shallow for a good distance, and as far as recreational lakes go, pretty clean.

[IMG]
  9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Wow. That looks like something that could definitely work. Appreciate it. Might go check it out on my days off and take Blitz on a roadtrip. :D

I'm still open to suggestions from others though. Arlington is a bit of a ways, but figure we'd get enough enjoyment out of it to make it a worthwhile trek.
  10. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lake Arlington is not worth a road trip. Shirley you can find some place in Dallas. What about that lake off 1-20 Beltline? Near Spur 408. Whatever it's called, it's a state park and should be clean. Ray Hubbard may be closer to you. What about that? Your only worry there is drunken boaters.

Do stay away from the Trinity. Your dog would probably mutate into something unrecognizable after a single outing.
  11. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Seems like there is a pond over there at Royal and Greenville where a lot of people gather on the weekends, as I recall.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Joe Pool Lake? Never been out there. Not real sure. I'd have to do some research on that. There's also Lake Lavon, but I really have no clue about that either. I don't do lakes on any sort of regular basis so my knowledge is very limited. I probably should just drive by a couple of these places and see what it looks like.
  13. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    That look's like my dog's waterbowl.

[IMG]
  14. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,911 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    This is Blitz. He wants to swim.

[IMG]