1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dolphins shopping DE Dion Jordan

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by kevinhickey, Feb 28, 2014.

1. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,899 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    If true, I can see the Eagles inquiring about him. Obviously Kelly was his college coach but I always viewed Jordan as a 3-4 OLB thus a perfect fit for them. Had the Boys stayed 3-4 I would definitely have wanted this player last draft. However, not really sure he can play DE in Dallas' defense.
    jterrell and AmishCowboy like this.
  2. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,340 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    :DYou kidding, right?
  3. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,340 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Agree, he's a 3-4 OLB
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,672 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    How does all this stuff happen in Miami when they had and still have a GM? I heard it here that if we had a real GM none of these problems would happen.

Then again, I can't laugh too much at another team's problems with Claiborne still on the Cowboy roster. Claiborne was as bad a pick as Dion Jordan. Bad picks happen to even the best of GMs. Miami is an absolute disaster right now. That team is getting ripped apart by a hurricane. I doubt they sell out 1 home game this year. Best thing for Miami to do is sign Tebow. Only Tebow can put people in the seats right now even if he sits the bench.

Only two players picked in the top ten last year worthy of even being picked in the 1st round are Warmack and Cooper. Right now, the Chiefs OT Eric Fisher has the potential to be the biggest bust ever for a top pick. Right now, he's down there with Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Steve Emtman and Kijana Carter.
  5. Afigueroa22

Afigueroa22 Well-Known Member

1,014 Messages
    122 Likes Received

Put me in coach.
  6. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

320 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    No, not at all. What has Claibourne done. He can't stay healthy. This draft is suppose to be strong at the CB position.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,251 Messages
    690 Likes Received
    So wouldn't it make sense to.....I don't know ADD to the secondary since its "strong at the CB position" as opposed to getting rid of a CB? How does that make any sense?
    JPM likes this.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,312 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    a team in fire sale mode sells everybody but their young draft picks.
    this is a guy entering his second season.
    that tells me they don't like something, be it his actual play or how he handled things off the field or even how he has handled the off-season thus far.
    (he is a west coast guy and could be spending the off-season back in Cali instead of out on the West Coast.)
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,312 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    trading claiborne would be monumentally stupid.
    you want to trade resources when they are at their highest value not when they are at the bottom of their value.
    claiborne needs to get stronger and the scheme needs to account for what he does well and what he sucks at.
    but he can clearly cover guys. that is a valuable skill.

it is hilarious to talk about mo claiborne doing nothing then talk about trading him for a guy who has 2 career sacks.
    claiborne was drafted to cover guys man o man, and slants aside he has done that very well.
    he has issues to overcome but so do most young guys.
    jordan was drafted as an elite pass rusher and he has yet to prove he can rush the passer even a little bit.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,155 Messages
    2,572 Likes Received
    When someone is shopping their #3 overall selection a year later, you steer clear.
  11. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,198 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    We would stil have to pickup another db, most teams base offense is three wr's now. Scandrick is the best slot corner we have.
  12. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,022 Messages
    374 Likes Received
    I disagree that he is a 3-4 OLB. I think he was born to be a 4-3 SAM. Go watch him cover Gronkowski earlier in the year. It was somethig else.
  13. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,554 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    agreed 100%, granted mo was hurt quite a bit but when he was on the field our pass defense was much much better.
  14. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Welcome to the zone.
  15. hutch1254

hutch1254 Well-Known Member

1,426 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Thanks, possibly some insight as to what is up.

The way this thread grew we blew threw 3 red lights to be first in line to sign this guy without doing any homework on what his deal is and what Miami's deal is on wanting to possibly trade the player. The first 3 pages of this thread were an example of the fan base having attended the Jerry Jones GM school of management and player evaluation.

I'm a passenger looking for the brake pedal on my side of the car right now.
  16. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

1,886 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    For a 5th rounder I would make the call.
  17. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,513 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Correlation does not equal causation, and I'm not really even sure you can say it was that much better.
  18. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,784 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    hes older than ware...
  19. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,784 Messages
    4,336 Likes Received
    In general, trading the 6th pick in the draft with 2 years remaining on his contract for the 3rd pick in the draft with 3 years remaining on his contract would not be stupid.

I don't know enough about the specifics of Jordon's year in Miami or his fit in Marinelli's defense to access the specifics of the his value compared to Claiborne, but on paper it is not a stupid idea.
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  20. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,305 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    ESPN.com's Calvin Watkins suggests the Cowboys could consider trading Morris Claiborne.