1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Domino's Sucks

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Placed an order last night and ordered some of that cheesy bread.

No sauce.

Literally, no sauce.

Sent them an email and here's the reply.

This guy literally just sent me the script from one of their commercials as the response.

That's just insulting on so many different levels. They'll be lucky to see another order from me.

When you start charging for condiments, you know you aren't doing something right.

At least give 1 cup with the cheesy bread.

And yes, I know. Dominos is not great pizza but when it's the middle of the night and that is all that is open, you gotta do what you gotta do.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Welcome to the modern age of customer service .
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    And water is wet. :D

It's Domino's: the late night munchie, after-binge-drinking-when-all-you-want-is substance-and-not-quality 'food'.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,139 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    there's a reason dominos has a ton of commercials saying "we used to suck!!!" and that's usually to hide the fact they still do.

their "cheesy" bread was gross beyond measure.
    their pizzas are usually burnt in placed by the time i get them.
    their sandwitches are hit/miss and lacking in meat
    they suck.
  5. Hoofbite

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    I had a nice email typed up for them but of course their website was crashing when I was trying to send it.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,167 Messages
    518 Likes Received
    so you decided to go with a pizza chain that admitted they suck, lying about getting better, and you decided to purchase from them, FIND out for fact that it still sucks and than tried to send them an email complaining to them about the fact they are doing what they are paid to do. You have that much time on your hands? Dont bother with places that are admitting they suck. They have no intention of getting better, selling good pizza or food isnt one of their goals, they will tell you that, mass producing slop is their goal.
  7. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,556 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    So they don't give you sauce to go with the new cheesy bread? That is dumb! How can you not give sauce with it? I have never ordered breadsticks from a pizza place and not gotten any sauce. The precedent is set for a reason, you need sauce with breadsticks.
  8. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    So... you didn't get something that was not advertised or promised to you?

I agree, Domino's is terrible pizza. However, I think you are going overboard when you complain & threaten your future business with them about not getting something that you were not supposed to get anyway.

I just read their menu - it states that their breadsticks come with marinara sauce. Their new stuffed breads, which you apparently ordred, do not come with a sauce (though you can buy from 6 different varieties of bread sauce and 5 different varieties of dipping cups if you want sauce).

You didn't read the menu - hardly their fault.
  9. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member

1,080 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Customer service is a dead art.
  10. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,593 Messages
    549 Likes Received
    Didn't you have a jar of Classico sauce in the cupboard? You could have just microwaved some of that and it would have been better than any sauce from Dominos.

Seriously, before ordering from them, I'd rather just put some jar sauce and mozzarela cheese on bread and slap it into the panini maker. 15 minutes total tops and better than anything Dominos would ever make. And at 1/4 the price.
  11. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I don't usually like chain pizza, but like most people I eat it. I have to say that Pizza Hut thin crust is probably my favorite. But I do like Mr. Gattis buffet, too.
  12. Hoofbite

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    They don't advertise or promise salt on french fries.

They don't advertise or promise ice in a fountain drink.

Who has time to read the fine print when order a pizza? Who the hell would want to?

Marinara is a staple of cheese sticks but I guess cheesy bread is some other creature?

Get all the way the **** outta here with that.
  13. Hoofbite

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    It was Dominos or nothing.
  14. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,394 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Dude eating Domino's is like asking for diarrhea.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  16. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,556 Messages
    20 Likes Received

Exactly! Not to mention that dominos has ALWAYS given marinara with not only their breadsticks but also their cheesy bread. They have always included sauce with their cheesy bread, why would one not assume that the practice would be continued with their new and improved cheesy bread?
  17. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sorry, gotta agree with this. ^^^

When we go to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, you have to order potatoes and veggies separately, even though at Outback they come with your meal. It's their prerogative as the provider of the product.

You are welcome to give feedback to the company, which may make them change things and provide sauce with it. Often when a company received massive feedback, changes will be made.

Also, the response you got is called a "standard response" which is created by PR or whatever department in the corporation sets the standard for their Customer support department.

Anyone that writes regarding that issue will receive the same response, because that's the accurate, grammatically correct response. It is the same response I would get if I wrote about the issue.

Speaking as someone that works in a similar capacity, there is no way that a business that has significant volume will have every single email typed out manually. You have the standard, company approved message that answers the issue about which you emailed.

No reason to get in a twist about it. It's efficient and intelligent and answers the question. Not to mention, you got a response, period. There are lots of companies that don't respond at all.
  18. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,498 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    I like Domino's Artesian pizzas.
  19. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I ain't going nowhere.
    And by the way... they do sell cheesy bread with marinara sauce. It's called pizza.
  20. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,483 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Pizza not from a chain>>>>>>>>>>