1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Donald Brown OR Danny Woodhead

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by xplozno8, Nov 15, 2012.

1. xplozno8

xplozno8 Member

309 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Because of injuries and byes, I am reluctantly trying to decide between Donald Brown and Danny Woodhead as my RB2 this week.

Donald Brown will be receiving more touches, but his performance last week is deterring me a bit and making me lean towards Woodhead's hit/miss abilities.

What do ya'll think? All help is greatly appreciated :)
  2. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    What a choice.

Both options are complete hit or miss. Woodhead will get touches, but counting on scores is risky. Yes, he scored twice last week, but that was the first time he's ever done that, so obviously you can't count on that again. Had he not scored, he would have produced his usual numbers...about 6 points on 61 yards from scrimmage. That's what I think you can count on from him.

As for Brown, supposedly he's fully healthy, but they said that last week, and he had some soreness in his knee and had to have his touches limited. IF he really is fully health, I think he'll start and get most of the touches because he's a better back than Ballard....question is, is he ready?

Both defenses have been somewhat soft against the run lately, so the matchups are decent both ways. What it comes down to is how much risk do you want to take. If you go Woodhead, you'll probably get a save 6-7 points, but if you go Brown, you may not get much, but you may get over 10.

Something else you need to keep in mind is that the Colts are going to have to keep up with the Patriots in scoring. Fortunately for the Colts, the Pats pass defense is especially bad, meaning I think Luck is going to throw it all over the yard on Sunday. Unfortunately, that may mean that Brown may not get a chance to get many points even if he is healthy.

Tough choice. Me, I'm not sure I'd fully trust Brown just yet, and it's not a good matchup in terms of how many touches he's likely to get. I'd give the edge to Woodhead, but just barely.

Check to see if anyone has picked up Marcel Reece yet, and if not, grab him and start him this week.