1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Donovan McNabb's Reaction to Romo's Contract

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IAmLegend, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,103 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    The only thing McNabb did better than Romo is protect the ball (interceptions). I used to think he was the most overrated QB in the league, but he did do a good job of managing his possessions and not making a lot of mistakes. He had the one big year with TO, but otherwise was a career 59% passer throwing out of a WCO to good WRs. Plus, he tended to choke in big games when the pressure got to be too much. Plus, he's really annoying, is a soup-salesman, and wears suits that are cut way too long for his waist. He's a goof.
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,503 Messages
    2,494 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,014 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    That's one DUMMMMM statement.

:bang2:
  4. JPostSam

JPostSam Well-Known Member

1,010 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    this.

he was a slightly above average quarterback on a good team.

he was traded -- to a division rival -- by the guys who drafted him, because michael vick had finished a three-year prison term. hmmm.

then, he was benched for rex grossman. seriously.

one year after being traded to the redskins, he was traded to the vikings. after just 6 games, minnesota benched him in favor of christian ponder. that actually happened.

released before the season had even ended, mcnabb, hoped to play for houston, kansas city or chicago. those teams preferred jake delhomme, kyle orton and josh mccown to mcnabb.

that's what the nfl thought of donovan mcnabb at the end of his career.
  5. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,360 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    It only takes one great year to make it to the SB. And Mcnabb had that one great year that he made little mistakes and made big plays. Even in the playoffs he played rock solid. The Sb, he did lose and played an average at best game. But he had a huge part to do with that season. In 01 or 02 I believe he also did a good job of not losing games and protecting the ball. He made the right amount of plays at the right time to go deep in the playoffs.

Romo is without a doubt the better more accurate passer. I don't want to dismiss what Romo can do on the field, he is a better Qb. Knee jerk reaction to say Mcnabb was better..looking back he really wasnt.

Mcnabb is the more accomplished Qb but looking back at some of those teams and the division. He was fortunate to feast on some bad teams.

I stand corrected.
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,110 Messages
    2,652 Likes Received

:trophy:
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,340 Messages
    865 Likes Received
    He protected the ball by throwing such bad passes the defense had no shot at them. :)
  8. Idgit

31,103 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    It's hard to 'pick' them when they're hitting you in the ankles. :D
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,549 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking. Every playing field was in mortal FEAR of being attacked by a McNabb pass, right DOWN into it. :lmao:
  10. HomerSimpson31

HomerSimpson31 Member

129 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Our own bottom of the debt chart Phillip Tanner even gave a negative response,on his own teeam mate after other team mates praised it. I didn't see the running game take a load off Romo's shoulders.

Phillip Tanner (@PTanner34) March 29, 2013
    Tony Romo 6 yr 55 million dollar extension. Wow really, with one playoff win. You got to be kidding me
  11. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,234 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Dez congratulated him. Who cares what some guy who probably won't be in the league much longer says. And how many playoff wins does Tanner think Ware and Witten have?
  12. SAli457180

SAli457180 New Member

7 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So Joe Flacco and his Super Bowl MVP, along with his MULTIPLE playoff win deserves less money than Romo's ONE playoff win. Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:
  13. SDCowboy85

15,234 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    He isn't getting less money.
  14. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,057 Messages
    717 Likes Received

Let us know when RGIII gets a playoff win. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
  15. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,880 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    That can't be right. thought I saw Tanner congratulating him. looks like McNabb's tweet, word-for-word.

16. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,914 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    Yeah, all I see there now is
    Phillip Tanner ‏@PTanner34 29 Mar
    Congrats to my man Tony Romo on his new deal! #CowboyNation
  17. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,614 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I am trying to find a gif of the playoff game when McNabb strutted his stuff playing air guitar. LOL.
  18. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,173 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
  19. SDCowboy85

15,234 Messages
    1,503 Likes Received
    Guess that wraps that up.
  20. Idgit

31,103 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    You're confusing team play with individual play some more. And, he isn't necessarily getting less money.