1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Don't Tase Me Bro!

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Danny White, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    The video is pretty intense.

The guy was clearly a little over the top, but he didn't seem that out of control.
  2. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Funny I just came from CNN watching this.
    Yeah pretty extreme. What's up with the state of freedom of speech these days? The guy wasn't getting out of hand with his questioning of Kerry.
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    the guy was a tool, but he didn't anything that warranted arrest. That was uncalled for.
  4. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

I don't know. But it's disgusting.

I would have liked to hear Kerry answer those questions. In hindsight, I think that questioner was on to something.

I voted for Kerry. He wasn't my first choice, but I do think that he and Bush have intimate political ties that still hold deep today. That wasn't my view when I voted for him. I blame the mainstream media and my past gullibility for this... lol

The more and more info. I get, the more disgusted I become with both parties.

I'm going to go throw up now, after witnessing that.

Thanks for sharing that, Danny.
  5. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The guy was seeking truth from a politician--hardly a tool.
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    tasers rock!!!

lol.

Remind me not to ever attend any political speech because I am sure they'd just shoot me.

My first question": Whose personal political beyotch are you?
  7. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    More video:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ec_1190097717&p=1

You can tell at the end, the guy has a couple screws loose "they're going to take me away and kill me" :rolleyes: but nevertheless I think his treatment was very heavy-handed.

I used to work for a group that held a lot of events at college campuses where prominent (and sometimes controversial) politicians and public figures would speak, and there were always guys like this who had their own agendas when it came time to ask a question, but that doesn't mean they needed to be tasered and dragged away in handcuffs. Turning off their mic is usually sufficient, and that's what they did and that's how they should have left it.
  8. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is it just me, or does this guy remind anyone else of Dane Cook?
  9. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Seriously, this bears discussion. Other than his nervous composure, what did he do wrong? He was asking questions with direction... it's almost like those "cops" were Kerry's personal guards, guarding the public from the TRUTH!

Sure, Kerry would have lied... but at least let us hear the lie.

At this juncture, I am terribly happy that Kerry is not our President.
  10. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The guy has a right to know what he did wrong and what code he's being arrested under....

Blatant police/government corruption. "Inciting a riot"...

What a joke.... Good going Kerry.
  11. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He definitely could have asked his three questions in a more concise, less rambling, less manic fashion.

He had every indication of being one of "those guys" from the minute he opened his mouth... you know the kind I'm talking about... the kind who wants to hear himself talk and make "his point" much more than ask a question.

He also had three questions, on very different topics, he wanted answered. Which is very annoying in a forum like that.

Crown Royal is correct, the guy was a tool. But that doesn't mean he should be tasered and forcibly removed from the auditorium.

I have literally been to hundreds of events like this at college campuses, and there's a doofus like this at every single one of them, and never was it necessary to man-handle the doofus like they did here.
  12. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Could Kerry have allowed the guy to continue questioning?
  13. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can't believe I'm defending John Kerry, but I doubt if he had anything to do with it. It looked like campus police to me.

Kerry, if anything, was trying to settle the situation down. Although I'm sure he probably didn't mind the cops looking out for his safety.

To answer your other question, I think Kerry would have been very out of place doing something to interfere with the campus police at that point. He is a Senator, but that doesn't give him any jurisdiction over them.
  14. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    "those guys" is entirely subjective. If "that guy" is a U.S. citizen, he has rights that were clearly violated.

I disagree with what you think about the guy. He's a college kid asking questions. It's odd that those questions
    could potentially shed more public light on who John Kerry really is. Of course, Bush was in the same fraternity, so this bodes well for neither party.

This was a flat out false arrest.... These controlled forums are exactly that, meant to control you. I think that guy might be a little upset about corruption and lies. It tends to p people off. Not to mention he's young, so he hasn't quite gotten the delivery thing down yet.

But if you're saying that you can arrest someone based on mannerisms, that's absurd. He wasn't DOING anything against the law... people were only THINKING about rioting when they saw the injustices of the police's actions.
  15. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You're right--probably campus police, but I notice that he didn't encourage the debate. True politicians, in the sense of integrity, get those kinds of guys...

He could have asked them to allow him to question and made the mere observation, as a U.S. Senator and attorney, and stated to the police that his rights were being violated.

He could have said something. He knows that better than anyone. That would have gained more respect from me for Kerry than anything I can think of.
  16. Danny White

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think I've made it clear that I think the Police acted rashly and improperly... but I stand by my opinion that he's an annoying nutjob.

I'm actually defending the guy when I call him one of "those guys" and a "doofus."

"Those guys" -- while annoying -- ask questions like that at almost every single public event they can find... and for the most part they are harmless. If you were going to arrest people for being annoying, you wouldn't have any room in the jails for the real criminals.
  17. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I agree, Danny. I just don't see him as one of "those" guys. Kid is young, but he felt strongly about what he wanted to say, and we agree that he should have been able to say it.

This was a young college student at a political rally with other young college students.

I think the questions might have been a little too harsh for some of Kerry's fans wearing the uniform. He was at least somewhat on point. He probably failed speech class and was just nervous... lol

Would you agree that those police should punished significantly for violating the most basic of rights, freedom of speech, in such a blatant manner, on tape?

To me, this is as bad as the Rodney King beating. And I'm not saying this to be extreme.

We can't let police get away with this kind of stuff, no matter what the topic of the question is. This is America, the United States of America.
  18. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,569 Messages
    712 Likes Received
    Nothing says open forum like 12,000 volts..............."Sir, you have a question?"

"Yes, I was wonder....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!
  19. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From what I've been able to learn, Kerry is blameless on this one... indeed, he told the cops to let him answer the guy's questions...

Seems that the local law enforcement just went overboard... it should be noted, however, that this kid has a bit of a history for being an agent provocateur at events like this, IOW this was a bit of a prank for him, not some act of political conscience...
  20. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :bow: