1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Donte Stallworth

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Feb 9, 2010.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    No

Just like Pacman, hes really not even that good.

Peter King said maybe when asked about this, but theres 0% chance.

If we never made the RW deal I can see us going after Brandon Marshall, but not now. Our best bet is a speedy WR w/ return abilities in the draft
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    We're going to hold what we've got for now. In due time, Kevin Ogletree will be given an opportunity to shine.

Austin, Crayton, and Ogletree flanked by a wily veteran in Witten will be a force.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,157 Messages
    1,922 Likes Received
    If he were obtained, it would give a new meaning to, "hit somebody," in training camp.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,871 Messages
    1,762 Likes Received
    Donte Stallworth sucks.
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,875 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    How sweet
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Jerry is done with *******es and thugs
  7. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe I'm a homer for Stallworth because he went to UTennessee... but I'm not sure where the "thug" thing is coming from.

Did he drive after drinking? Yes. But who honestly hasn't.

A man who was just about equally at fault for the incident died, but Stallworth isn't exactly Dwayne Goodrich.
  8. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, at least he beeped his horn.....right?
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. Sickwitit

Sickwitit Member

834 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i am a UT fan as well and i like stallworth but if you dont have enough sense to know NOT to get behing the wheel when your drunk, then you dont deserve to make millions a year.
  11. Sickwitit

Sickwitit Member

834 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    your out of your mind if you think pacman wasnt good. He had just as good if not better skill sets than deion, his only fault was his height which was never an issue with his natural ability.
  12. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,645 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Really? i mean really?

Dude.

Atleast romo2austin has an excuse.
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Pacman had skills... no doubt... but he couldn't sniff Deion Sander's poop... and I'm not a Deion fan... or a fan of his poop...
  14. T-NMan-41

T-NMan-41 New Member

81 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

I say keep the WR Corps that we have and make a determined point to get either Anquan Boldin or Brandon Marshall that should be our plan as a key free agent acquisition.... that will fix our scoring problems as that will now set up a multitude of mixmatches across the field for opposing defenses.. we address the O-line through the draft/or trade up to get top notch o-line players....plus guys you must remember that our rookie Brewster will be back mix in a top free safety via the draft... We have a number of draft picks for this season that really have no chance to make the team so be smart and trade off some of the picks to upgrade and move up in the draft to get the key position players that we need... Sign matt stover for a 1 year veteran minimal deal ........... Its a SuperBowl win for the Cowboys Babyyyyyyyyyy:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :starspin :starspin :starspin
  15. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,875 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Donte's never been any NFL teams Stallwart.
  16. AKATheRake

3,875 Messages
    248 Likes Received

Hahahahha! You're killing me with some darn good points but screw Stover. We can draft another good kicker later or rehabilitate Folk. If not a better kicker will be around in FA.

But you're right about our picks.

Marshall will stay in Denver. Watch!!!!!
  17. AKATheRake

3,875 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    It's this simple.

$40 taxi divided by millions = a fraction of your annual worth.

Actually a decimal point.
  18. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't remember the details too clearly, but if I recall, the guy was essentially jaywalking. Stallworth wasn't speeding or driving otherwise recklessly. He immediately stopped and tried to assist.

I'm not excusing his actions, and I certainly don't mean to minimize them (although I guess I am). Rather, I'm just arguing against the "thug" label some gave him in this thread.

Would I want him on our team? Depends. He was lightening quick a few years ago - and we need that at WR. Not sure what he has in the tank or what exactly his role would be here. I certainly wouldn't want him to stop the progress of Ogletree.

You should never get behind the wheel when you're drunk, regardless of how much money you make. Still, millions do it every night. We all have. And we all didn't think we were at risk, or that we would be caught, when we did.

Excessive drinking doesn't lead to clear thinking.
  19. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,357 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    somebody correct me if i'm wrong here but was he not marginally over the alcohol blood limit the morning after he was drinking, driving within the speed limit and in no way recklessly when someone walked out on a freeway? as i say if thats wrong then please correct me as it wasn't reported over here so i've had to have a wee look to see what i can find online but thats the impression i get.
    if i have gathered the right info then i think its a bit harsh to be calling the guy a thug
  20. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFL | Stallworth to work out for a team Wednesday
    Comment (0)
    Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:23:15 -0800

Adam Kilgore, of the Boston Globe, reports Drew Rosenhaus, agent for free-agent WR Donte' Stallworth (Browns), said Stallworth is scheduled to work out for an undisclosed team Wednesday, Feb. 10.