1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft 07--do we need a QB?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Oct 29, 2006.

1. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    No way he's around in the low 20s.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    True, but ROMO's performance opened up numerous possibilities....

FA, late draft pick, or even develope Baker (read he has a great arem and BP loves him)
  3. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you know i wouldnt mind Troy Smith in the 4th rd
  4. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,635 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    4th round, LOL :lmao2:
  5. SanTexCowboy

SanTexCowboy Member

60 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hopefully, Parcells will concentrate on offense in the next draft - a WR, QB, and 2 OL in the first 4 rounds.
  6. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Romo had a great game, so naturally most people will think "no." Get back to us in January.
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,996 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    I'm one of the biggest Romo fans here. I think he's the future of the franchise. That said it would be stupid not to draft a QB on the first day. I wouldn't spend a 1st rounder on one, but maybe a mid-to-low 2nd on one.
  8. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

Romo is a gamer though, eh Hos? I feel a lot better with him behind center than with Bledsoe. I think Romo is the spark that our offense needs. And I think that he's got enough talent to have success in the NFL. "Moxie will take you a long way". C'mon Hos, get on the wagon! :D
  9. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Wishful thinking man ;)
  10. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,729 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    If Romo has a decent/to good ten games do we draft one or look in FA/cuts?
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    we spend the rest of the season making sure that Romo is the guy. If he is, then we get a vet for backup and look around for another kid to spend 4 years on getting ready, a developing guy. Though if Romo is the man, that is not a real need. Romo should give us at least 6 yrs before we would have to worry about a new guy. One must remember that Hogebust looked great his first game- and never as good afterwards. that is why we need the rest of the season to make sure.
  12. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Cowboys QB Romo shows moxie in pocket

Dallas quarterback Tony Romo had an impressive opening half in his first career start.

He completed 13 of 19 passes for 124 yards, one touchdown and one interception. He also rushed three times for 57 yards.

As advertised, he's much more mobile than veteran Drew Bledsoe and has a quick release. He was sacked just once in the first two quarters, by Carolina defensive tackle Kris Jenkins. -- Charles Chandler

Dallas, which scored 35 unanswered points, sets a team record with 25 fourth-quarter points. It's the first time Carolina has ever lost against a team with a quarterback making his first start (previously 4-0). by Gil Brandt
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,016 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    We got BPA in the draft, but we DO NOT ignore the QB position. If one is available to us, regardless of round, we take him.

At this point, I think we can afford to take a QB and groom him, even a first rounder. I'd rather be grooming a young QB than to waste more draft picks on defunct lineman and LB's who can't get on the field.
  14. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,724 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    go back to an "eastern Ill" type school and find another hidden gem.....make sure he is a scratch golfer........seems to be the key

golf is the toughest sport you know
  15. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,016 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    My wife's a good golf player. She loves hitting balls. :bang2:
  16. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received

Just no more ex-baseball players. Please !
  17. LD Fan

LD Fan New Member

611 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is "moxie" the new over used buzzword we can expect to hear repeated ad-nauseum?
  18. LD Fan

LD Fan New Member

611 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So you've discovered how to never miss on a draft pick? Or are you saying don't draft OL? You must be a very well paid GM with that kind of genius.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,478 Messages
    905 Likes Received

why should we shut up?? cuz were happy over a win??

who told u to come in here and read this?..nobody forced u...u can go to ur bed...you dont have to be here
  20. LD Fan

LD Fan New Member

611 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ***Not sarcasm****

Who would you expect to get mid-low 2nd? It seems the top tiers will be long gone there and you hear more about later round picks that seems to slip through and be something. I really don't have a good sense of the type of person you could get there. If you went around the NFL right now, how many 2nd rd QB's are on rosters and/or showing promise?