1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Draft Guides

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Duane, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,877 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Here are some of my favorite draft guides:

Draft Insiders - Frank Coyle puts out a pretty comprehensive draft guide. He's not always on target with his rankings or picks but he has info on most players that end up in training camp - even the un-drafted ones.
    www.draftinsiders.com

NFL Draft Blitz - Jterrell turned me on to this last year and its worth checking out. It, like Draft Insiders, provides a comprehensive listing of players and evaluations. IIRC last year's guide was over 700 pages.
    www.nfldraftblitz.com

Ourlads - Nice guide with some well written player evaluations. This guide isn't as deep as either of the previous guides but worth picking up.
    www.ourlads.com

GMJR - I bought this guide last year for the first time and it impressed me with the number of players profiled. The book was several hundred pages thick and rates positions differently than others do. Worth checking out if you have $31 to spend.
    http://gmjr.com

I didn’t list Kiper’s guide, the Sporting News or Pro Football Weekly. To me they generally aren’t worth the money. The Sporting News prints their guide early and while it looks pretty it doesn’t have much substance. Since Joel passed PFW has gone down in quality every year and Mel just doesn’t do much for me.

Does anyone else have a favorite draft guide not listed?
  2. Pokes28

Pokes28 Member

364 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think your list is pretty good. I do buy the Kiper blue book every year. Yes, by the time I get it, I already have made my own evaluations on the guys. But I love the consistency of the books. I have every blue book for the last 12 or so years. It is great going back and looking at the reviews on guys that are all pros that weren't top prospects.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,725 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I used to take Ourlads every year for a few years, and I've taken Kiper a few times...

I was a member of DraftBlitz last year... it is a good site... as is The Huddle Report...

For freebies, NFL Draft Countdown is good... as is Great Blue North
  4. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for the post Duane.....good stuff
  5. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good stuff thanks!!