1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DraftDaddy Notes from Combine

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Back in 2009 we included current N.F.L. starters Austin Collie and Brian Hartline in our top 100 (when most projected them as late rounders/career backups) because of their excellent shuttle runs at the Combine -- both showed amazing short area quickness. This year Dane Sanzenbacher and Jeff Maehl had the top 3 Cone & 60 yard shuttle times. The pair, also, finished 2nd and 3rd in the 20 yard shuttle, according to these Unofficial Wide Receiver Combine Numbers....I'm not sure we'll rank Dane and Jeff in our top 100, but they definitely caught our eye at the Combine, despite not running blazing 40's.
  2. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...26/outlook-hazy-for-two-buckeyes.html?sid=101

Sanzenbacher has always had a "scrapper" persona. He first made a name in 2008 as a tough guy who made acrobatic catches while absorbing grievous hits, then grew into a starting - and starring - role by 2010.

He pokes fun at himself often, and that continued yesterday, when he remarked that ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay "is not going to be over there talking about me, I don't think."
  3. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

What do they think Brian Hartline is ? a starter ? :lmao2:

The guy had a rough time hanging on to a chest cold down here.
  4. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jeff Maehl looked great. I'd be happy to get a guy like that: productive with phenomenal short area quickness.

He set the Combine record in the 3 cone drill. Finished with the best and was like 1 hundredth away from setting the record in the 60 yard shuttle. And then was 2nd in the combine at the 20 yard shuttle.

That is some FREAKISH short area quickness coming from a guy with sure hands that was productive.

I like that. Gimmie our new slot WR!