Drafting Mixon would taint NFL

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by waving monkey, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

16,110 Messages
    7,076 Likes Received
    He didn't take any punches.

And he was slapped (very lightly I may add) after he feigned a punch. The law is very clear about how that works...if you feign a punch at somebody, that person has the right to defend themselves.

What Mixon did was awful and there is no excuse for it. However, I do believe in giving people second chances. The issue is that Mixon has yet to learn his lesson and doesn't seem contrite about the situation other than he got caught.

YR

2. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

33,364 Messages
    10,374 Likes Received
    Blount didn't punch him in the hand-shake line. The player, Boise St. DE Byron Hout, came up to Blount after the game and appeared to have shoved him at the most, put his hands on him at the least. I couldn't tell from the video if he shoved him or what. But it wasn't a love tap.
    Blount then hauls off and punches him.

And Blount was disciplined for it. He missed the remainder of the season.

3. tyke1doe

33,364 Messages
    10,374 Likes Received
    Really? He seems contrite to me.

4. tyke1doe

33,364 Messages
    10,374 Likes Received
    I don't think it will be over and done with. But he will get more attention if the Cowboys draft him. We'll hear it on the night he gets draft, and when he carries the ball in place of Zeke.

"The Cowboys are now replacing Zeke Elliott - who by the way pulled down a woman's top without her consent - with Joe Mixon - who right hooked a woman into unconsciousness - as the ball carrier on third down."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

ghst187 likes this.
  5. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,845 Messages
    6,329 Likes Received
    Don't sleep on him being a Cowboy

6. tyke1doe

33,364 Messages
    10,374 Likes Received
    Only if he drops beyond the third round, which I doubt will happen.

7. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,718 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    People need to learn that you always keep your hands to yourself or possibly suffer the consequences whether you are female, male, transgender or unidentified. Pretty simple lesson that most of us learn pretty early in life...At least I did.

dagreat1_87 and bkight13 like this.
  8. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

8,845 Messages
    6,329 Likes Received
    I wouldnt be shocked if we take him in the third. If they have a first round grade on him and he is there in the thirs, he just may be a Cowboy

9. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,615 Messages
    11,761 Likes Received
    She had no right to put her hands on him.....she initiated the violence and the results are on her

Bocephus and rags747 like this.
  10. Yakuza Rich

16,110 Messages
    7,076 Likes Received
    He doesn't to me. He tried to find a way out by claiming that the guy called him a racial slur and witnesses reported that never happened. That's usually the first thing people like that do...lie to put the blame on somebody else.

From there he's tried to justify it every way possible. Instead he should just say what he did was terribly wrong, there are no excuses for what he did and that he hopes to get a second chance in the NFL and that he will donate his time to helping battered women foundations. While he has publicly apologized, every instance I've heard he spends far more time apologizing to his football team than to the victim.

If he's contrite, it's because he got caught and punished for it. I don't think he's sorry for what he actually did other than the repercussions he's received.

YR

fishspill likes this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,909 Messages
    28,841 Likes Received
    I don't agree. I get your point that she was stupidly playing with fire when she instigated the violence, but there's know way of looking at his response as anything but disproportionate and dangerous. He's lucky she wasn't hurt a lot worse. She shares the fault, but the results aren't all on her.

What Mixon did was awful. From what I've seen, it seems like he understands that and has tried to make amends. This ought to cost him in terms of where he's selected and how much leash he's got going into the league, but I don't think it ought to cost him his career outright. His talent will get him a shot someplace. He'll just come in with two strikes against him from day one.

12. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

16,182 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    what dues did he pay? that red shirt year must have been brutal. His teamates play punching him for the cameras at their bowl game was a nice touch.

13. Yakuza Rich

16,110 Messages
    7,076 Likes Received
    Wrong.

He was arrested and then reached a plea deal. The DA had the tape as evidence and was still willing to go forward with the case.

I don't think any reasonable person can state that the initial shove would constitute 'assault' (and the DA didn't feel it did either) and a small shove doesn't deserve to be knocked out cold.

As far as the slap, again...once you feign a punch the person has the right to defend themselves which includes striking the person. The law is very clear about that and that's why the victim was never charged and Mixon was.

YR

14. tyke1doe

33,364 Messages
    10,374 Likes Received
    Well, based on interviews I've heard of him, he seems apologetic to me. But sometimes you never can tell. We'll see.

15. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

16,182 Messages
    917 Likes Received

16. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,297 Messages
    2,332 Likes Received
    I hope for the worlds sake you haven't procreated

17. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

6,989 Messages
    4,015 Likes Received
    That women want equality isn't equivalent ,for gods sake. This is over reaction to the tune of four fractures in her face.
    Be a man walk away.

Edit: that girl is hoping Mixon gets a big pay check cause she owns it.

18. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

7,268 Messages
    1,329 Likes Received
    Like I said, not much different than what Mixon did.
    And Blount got reinstated and played again that season. Fact.
    Cost him a few rounds in the draft but his career recovered fine by just staying out of trouble. I don't like Mixon or what he did but he will probably be fine. ...unless we draft him then the league will witch hunt him.

19. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

754 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Mixon is one of the best running backs in football. If he is on the board at 60, the Cowboys will consider taking him for sure.

20. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

754 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    There is no way that he makes it out of the 2nd round.