1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Drew Pearson: Dez ‘realizes now that when he comes out of that huddle, he’s the dominant force

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,610 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    haha. This is the difference between someone who's blind, and someone who is a fan, but has to be honest about the team and players. He means no harm, like most of us, he just wants better for Dez. And once you prove something, then the props come.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

39,610 Messages
    1,870 Likes Received
    Um, that was right on target. You reserve the "bust" word for guys who's been in the league a while and still can't find a clue. And I'll guarantee you this, for those who wanted this dude gone, there would be a line back to Jerusalem to pick him up.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,830 Messages
    2,322 Likes Received

agree
    there are 2 sides to this debate
    i just felt that at least in this case, Drew was just saying what he felt to be accurate and his recent statements seem to bear that out
    many on here were happy to label him (attack the messenger) and move on
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Well, Drew just gave Dez (not Jerry, not Garrett, not Calvin Hill) the credit for Dez's seeming turnaround in his personal life.

He also picked us to go to the Superbowl this year.
  5. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,905 Messages
    1,319 Likes Received
    I guess Drew still knows a lot about football afterall.lol
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,834 Messages
    7,561 Likes Received
    Hater.
  7. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,907 Likes Received
    Dez should absolutely get credit for that. If he personally didn't want to turn his life, then no matter what Jerry, JG, or Calvin Hill did would've helped. I applaud Dez for his growth.

As for the SB thing, Meh *shrug*

Takes one to know one.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,834 Messages
    7,561 Likes Received
    Actually, I love the term 'hater'. It's 'happy fan' that really hurts.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,119 Messages
    6,907 Likes Received
    They both need to be added to erased from our vocabulary.
  10. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    I agree, besides that he was a rookie when Pearson started flapping his gums about him not living up to his potential... A rookie that had to sit out a year of college ball because of Neon Dion, and his skills still helped him have a productive rookie year. At the time I wondered why Pearson would even say anything about Dez as he just entered the league. Now he is figuring it out and Pearson has something good to say after the fact, his support should have been "Dez is just a youngster but give him a couple of years and he'll be a monster" instead he talked about what he didn't do that not too many first year receivers "superstar or not" do in their first year, which is make the pro bowl or whatever Drew thinks he should have done to make Drew happy.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,074 Messages
    1,935 Likes Received
    I'm not real excited about our OL - I'm concerned about our defense............ but one thing I'm postive about is that - - barring injury - Dez is going to have a fantastic year. :)
  12. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    I think he will have a monster ... career... Most WR's with amazing talent that can't or won't get it mentally don't work as hard and make the leaps and bounds development that Dez has
  13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,609 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    And trust me every defensive coordinator in football will know this. I expect him to receive the same bracket coverage help that T.O used to get in his prime.

Essentially daring Miles and Wit to beat them. I like those odds.

And anytime you see 88 out there in man coverage, I guarantee Tony is going to feed him the rock. He's just a playmaker in the truest sense of the word. Even if he's covered put the ball in his area and he's gonna come down with it.

I'm as excited about Dez as I've ever been with a Cowboy's player since the Dynasty era - he's one of those 'on a whole nother level' kinda guys. Now that he knows the playbook, route adjustments, and understands we go as far as he and 9 take us - the sky is the limit for him.

Damn I just got kinda fired up.

14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Drew appears to be happy that Dez is wearing 88 properly now....