1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dual Monitors

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Maikeru-sama, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am thinking about buying dual monitors for my PC at home.

As far as monitors are concerned, who generally makes the best monitors?

The video card that came with the new PC I bought a few months ago has two DVI outlets, so I am going to assume that the PC can already handle dual monitors.
  2. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup, you should be good to run dual monitors. I like Samsung myself. But I have a few others. I have a i-inc 25" hd that is pretty nice and it was dirt cheap.
  3. the kid 05

the kid 05 Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds

9,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I have westinghouse (think thats the name) the are pretty good, I know dell has excellent monitors. What is your price and size range?
  4. couchscout

couchscout Member

708 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LG, Samsung, and Asus all make very nice monitors. I always stick to one of those three brands.
  5. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Probably the $400-$500 range.
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I have two Dell 22 inch wide screen monitors but I would agree Samsung makes some very nice monitors.
  7. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Two outs = two monitors.

I have dual Acer monitors...23inch and 20inch...no complaints. I also bought a dual monitor stand from tykesupply.com that's really good. You could get 2 monitors and a stand for like $370. I don't know if i'd get two 23+ monitors....they're wide and two of them is kinda crazy.
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I run dual 24" HD Dell monitors.

My cost.... $169.00 each :eek: :)

I love Dell monitors for the performance and cost.
  9. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,251 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Dell has some crazy deals when you can catch them
  10. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah. The outlet side has great deals on the 24's and they all come w/ the same warranty as new ones.

Just a matter of checking the site daily.
  11. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    There are only a few monitor manufacturers in the world, and everyone else buys the monitors & puts their logo & maybe shell on to brand it. Dell included. Furthermore, every monitor manufacturer and monitor remarketer has multiple levels of monitors... typically entry (cheap), advanced, and professional lines (professional lines cater to CAD type users). I'm oversimplifying here, but that's the point.

So, saying "Dell has great monitors" is not necessarily accurate.

Pick what you need in terms specs (resolution, additional ports, etc), then use your eyes & budget to see what you prefer that meets those specs.

For home use, places like BestBuy let you fiddle with the controls to adjust every setting. Play with them & see what you like.
  12. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I haven't decided if I am going to get them yet.
  13. Maikeru-sama

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Question, do you typically buy the monitors separately or do they usually come in 1 box?

I would like to get Dell montiors because all my PCs are Dells, but I would like to see the monitors in person before buying them.
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Separate boxes
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dell wide-screens are decent. We use dual 20" Dells at work. My home monitor is a 22" wide screen Samsung with a 5ms refresh rate and it is 100x better than the Dells we use at work. Of course, I pay around $150 for 20" wide screen Dells and I paid $400 for Samsung.
  16. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,451 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    I have a couple 24" Samsungs. One was $400+ (S-PVA panel), the other $200 (TN panel).

I also recommend winsplit + virtuawin. I can easily manage the 27 windows I currently have open. Would be unpossible on a single monitor with no virtual desktops.
  17. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    27 windows open at once?

You must be cold!

CRAZY
  18. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,033 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Once you've run with dual monitors it is hard to go back. Real nice experiance to have all that real estate available. However, it can eat up your video card's power if you are trying to seriously game at that level. Just depends. But every day stuff...great!
  19. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,251 Messages
    44 Likes Received
  20. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Samsung DOES make a nice monitor, but I like Planar better. I have purchased well over 100 monitors over the years for companies, and I've never had one fail...