1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ducking: I'm expecting a big game from Spears

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Howboutdemcowboys31, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

1,142 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Spears is going to be very important this game because we all know they love to run. I just have this weird gut feeling that he is going to play really well Sunday. I'm sure he knows if he doesn't its his last game as a Dallas Cowboy, and he's always come off in his interviews as someone who knows he wasn't what we thought we were getting when we drafted him. I think mentally, he is going to be in a place this week that he may never have been in before, though you could argue he was in the same situation vs the Giants last year. I could be wrong, but I just have a hunch a big game is coming from Spears. Give me a 10 second head start before you throw rocks at me. Go Cowboys
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    You have a highly imaginative mind.

I'll refrain from flaming and just say: Anything is possible.

:D
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,614 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    He's a serviceable backup and he had a sack against the Steelers.

His salary is 2M for 2013.

Spears should have kept his weight down near his college weight of 300 lbs. Parcells made a big deal about Spears keeping his weight down while he was here.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,614 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    Candidates for DL in 2013:

Draft/Free Agency

DE
    Jason Hatcher
    Tyrone Crawford
    Marcus Spears (2013 Salary 2M, Age 29)
    Ben Bass
    Brain Schaefering (2012 Salary 615K, Age 29)
    Ikponmwosa Igbinosun

DE/NT
    Sean Lissemore

FA DE
    Kenyon Coleman (Age 33)

NT
    Jay Ratliff
    Rob Calloway
  5. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Well, he better, because the only chance we have is those seven containing RGIII on the outside and plugging the middle. RGIII's play action is too good for our safeties to cheat up.

If Butler Ware/Spencer can keep containment we have a good chance of beating them. Albright Connor and SIms have to come up big in this game

That is my "key to the game"!
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,413 Messages
    3,739 Likes Received
    He is capable of stepping up and Dallas will need him along with some others to do just that this weekend. I have a feeling Ware will play but given the situation with his arm I'm not sure how effective he will be so some others need to step up this Sunday Night.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,570 Messages
    479 Likes Received
    if he's only making 2M in 2013 I suspect Jerry is going to keep him around for another year,,, that's too much of a bargain for Jerry to pass on.