1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Harris wins NFC ST Player of the Week...receives Cowboys "Knockout" Award

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 16, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,929 Messages
    14,741 Likes Received
    pancakeman likes this.
  2. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

2,147 Messages
    839 Likes Received
  3. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

7,786 Messages
    2,885 Likes Received
    Well deserved hes the reason we won on sunday!

4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,649 Messages
    2,732 Likes Received
    Do they do the knockout award every week? I really like hearing stuff like that.

Its amazing how little things like that kind of award permeates through every level of football. We had a similar award - though I cant remember the name - for the biggest hit of the week when I was in like 5th grade.

5. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

5,196 Messages
    1,246 Likes Received
    The first time I saw Dwayne Harris play, ECU was in Blacksburg. ECU got whipped 49-27, but Harris was a one-man show for the Pirates. I thought at the time that he'd be playing somewhere on Sundays, so I'm not surprised. I'm just glad he's in Dallas. It has taken us longer to find a good return guy than it did a QB.

6. WoodysGirl

71,929 Messages
    14,741 Likes Received
    Yes, after every W, they give out attaboys, knockout awards, etc. Some of the media folks used to take pics of the award, but I haven't seen one all year.

Maybe the team doesn't do the posters anymore, just hand them out during team meetings and whatnot.

7. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

16,476 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    Mens and womens of the warm tundra of Texas and beyonds, rarely does things like this escapes my good eye but I half to admit that I did not know this piece of informaton.

Dwayne Harris, our premer punt and kicks return also plays defense on kick returns.

Why, now that we half discovered his acumens for running to the light on kicks and punts, do we sacrifice this young mans to possible injury?
    I am scratching my head. Why, Jerra? Why?
    Free Dwayne, I say, Free dwayane. Freheit, freheit!

8. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

31,881 Messages
    4,381 Likes Received
    It's Simple.

He is a multi-position playmaker. Change nothing.

9. GimmeTheBall!

16,476 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received

He'll be a no-position player if he get injured, Mister!:mad:

10. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

3,125 Messages
    1,262 Likes Received
    Wasn't everyone calling for Harris to be benched in the preseason?

11. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

10,495 Messages
    2,980 Likes Received
    Yep lol. Just like two weeks Terrance Williams and Mo Claiborne were busts and 2 years ago we maybe should give up on Dez because he's a headcase. Now its "Ware is finished...." and "Miles needs to be cut". Its always something different lol.

12. WoodysGirl

71,929 Messages
    14,741 Likes Received
    As fans, we have the right to change our minds about the level of a player's suckitude.

So what if I thought the guy should've been tossed to the end of the bench. He's a future HOFer now. ;)

starfrombirth likes this.
  13. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,497 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Pay attention, I don't know how many times I see Harris the first guy down on kicks and I think punts as well. If he don't make the tackle he forces the returner into one.

REDVOLUTION likes this.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

16,476 Messages
    2,315 Likes Received
    not everyone.

15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

31,881 Messages
    4,381 Likes Received
    Bingo!

A nasty intangible.

16. DuceizBak

DuceizBak Active Member

449 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to sound stupid[but I feel i've made enough sound post, so here's a whacky idea], but if our safety play continues to be bad? Do y'all think we should try plugging him in on pass plays..he can tackle[watched him on ST plenty of times] he's not too fast but he has decent speed, he's definitely football fast, and he is extremely muscular [strong which is good for tackling] and with his WR ability he can be good at covering routes.

I say do this ONLY if we're in dire need at the Safety play because I rather not risk him getting hurt trying to cover up our questionable safety play.