1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

E. Smith and M. Irvin record broken

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by big dog cowboy, Nov 13, 2005.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,966 Messages
    5,002 Likes Received
    Colts | Harrison and James break record
    Sun, 13 Nov 2005 17:29:34 -0800

The Associated Press reports Indianapolis Colts WR Marvin Harrison and RB Edgerrin James each accounted for 100 yards for the 21st time during the Week 10 game. Former Dallas Cowboys RB Emmitt Smith and WR Michael Irvin were the previous record holders, achieving the feat 20 times together.
  2. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm really surprised Emmitt and Irvin only did it 20 times.....
  3. dallasblue05

dallasblue05 New Member

1,286 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    is there a record for everything, somethings I understand, but the records have gotten alittle out there........some seem just made up to make people feel better abot not being the best!!
  4. TexasTornado

TexasTornado Member

122 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wonder if they will be able to match the 3 Super Bowl victories...that is what really matters!
  5. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,579 Messages
    516 Likes Received

Injuries and suspensions to Irvin prevented it from being more. I bet Irvin and Smith accomplished taht feat in less games then Edge and Harrison.
  6. Tuna Helper

Tuna Helper Benched

2,049 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Exactly. Who really cares about any of this periphery stuff that makes fantasy football geeks salivate? I watch football for the Lombardi trophy, not for stats and fantasy football...and I think that I am not alone in this world.
  7. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    you arent. i frankly dont really like fantasy football. i go out there, get into a league, look at it for about 2 weeks, then i forget about it.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,522 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    I always chuckle when they refer to Manning James and Harrison in the same breath as our triplets. By the time our triplets had been together six seasons, they had three Super Bowl championships.