1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles gave up a 4th?!

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by btcutter, May 9, 2014.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

3,020 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    We gave up a 3 rd to move up about same number of slots. Who the hell is negotiating for us!? JJ just cannot help himself. He only has himself to blame for the down fall of this team. We really can use that 3rd for a DT.
  2. CowboysLaw87

CowboysLaw87 Active Member

615 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Dude... you realize the higher slots are worth more right? So moving up the same number of slots, but 10 or so picks later, means you give up less.
  3. btcutter

3,020 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    So why did SF only gave up a 3rd to move up last year? Jones are just idiots. Pretty much everyone agrees that we over paid to move up in the 2nd.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,957 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    in here maybe. but i've yet to see writers or others who do this for a living cry out in agony.

fyi - in the DMN poll, so far 64.5% of the people are giving this a thumbs up.

yea, EVERYONE agrees...
  5. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    This is a Vinnie Cerrato move.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,895 Messages
    6,949 Likes Received
    There is life outside the CZ?
  7. iceberg

28,957 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    shhhhh - i was simply trying to sneak that in but you had to go ruin it for me.
  8. big dog cowboy

53,895 Messages
    6,949 Likes Received
    It wasn't me. Whatever is in that glass I'm drinking is talking for me.
    DCBoysfan likes this.
  9. btcutter

3,020 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    Everyone in CZ..... The ones that actually read the chart.....and not eat Jerry BS
  10. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,666 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys and Fans hang on every year at an extreme disadvantage because of Jerry/Stephen Jones and weak non influential Head Coach. We are fighting with one hand tied behind our backs.
  11. iceberg

28,957 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    the list grows.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,481 Messages
    9,418 Likes Received
    "Pretty much everybody who is complaining seems to agree they should be complaining!"
    ringmaster likes this.
  13. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

788 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Please shut up
    ringmaster and Irvin88_4life like this.
  14. Dallasfan405

Dallasfan405 New Member

12 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    No matter what we do some cowboy fans won't be happy. Me on the other hand I don't care that we gave up a three. This dude was a freak in college and he only played two seasons so he has tremendous upside with room to grow. In 2013 he had 10.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss with 4 forced fumbles and a few interceptions to boot. This guy was a baller in college and he was the last of the great pass rushers in the draft. He was right behind clowney and Mack. If clowney doesn't polish his game up in the NFL he is gonna get mauled by some big offensive lineman what makes clowney good is he is a freakish athlete. I watched the press conference after they picked him and from what I got from it is he was really high on their board and they were not gonna let him get away.
  15. CIWhitefish

CIWhitefish Member

788 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Thank you
    ringmaster likes this.
  16. big dog cowboy

53,895 Messages
    6,949 Likes Received
    Good post. We got a disruptive player in a big position of need. Solid player who should be very good for a lot of years.
    ringmaster likes this.
  17. btcutter

3,020 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I like the player just don't like how the Jones manage the draft. Love for the player to blossom and eat my words. But this D needs several starters and you can find a starter in the 3rd as well. Some how some teams manage to get better value than the Jones.
  18. Dallasfan405

Dallasfan405 New Member

12 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Oh and one more thing. In two seasons 23 career starts he had 34 tackles for loss 20 sacks 7 forced fumbles and 3 blocked kicks on special teams. He can also play the 3-technique he is gonna gain 15-20 pounds so you add good depth on positions on the line. Marinelli wants his defense to attack in waves he wants his defense to be fresh and we are doing just that. That my friend is more then worth a 3rd round pick and I am pretty sure he can put up more then 6 1/2 sacks this season just like what ware did last year. He is fresh with only two college years and never had any serious injuries plus the sky is the limit for this kid. I'll tell you what guys I am freaking ecstatic.
    ringmaster likes this.
  19. Dallasfan405

Dallasfan405 New Member

12 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    We got 3 defensive lineman in the offseason with one possibly being a stud again (Melton) plus we have Tyrone Crawford and Ben Bass coming off injury we also got spencer and selvie. The whole point with Marinelli's defense is to attack in waves with fresh body's. We definitely got that.
  20. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,074 Messages
    3,162 Likes Received
    That's what I've been saying yet there's a couple here claiming we actually won that trade.lol

Just be good, Lawrence.