1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles got Boykin

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Eskimo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,507 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    It is frustrating how much better they are at acquiring picks and then using them on major talent. How they got so much for Kolb boggles my mind.

They started off better than us and I think they have out-drafted us again by a good margin.

Our only hope is if Claiborne is as good as Bailey/Revis/Woodson as the FO claims. I hope they are right because they staked everything on that pick. Unless we can leave that kid alone on an island this draft is probably a bust.
  2. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    I remember a lot of rueage when they ended up with Brunkley and Justice in the same draft. Like our rookies.... Wait and see.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    People get caught up in the hype. I'm happier that the Cowboys are doing their research and getting guys who they want, while the Eagles are looking on ESPN.com to see who of the remaining players Mel Kiper gave the highest grade to.
  4. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,438 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    You either trust the scouts and the system of finding the right players for your scheme or you don't. Jason is clearly in charge, and he thinks he's giving Rob what he needs.

Boykin is for the Eagles what Scandrick is for us...big whoop.

If we hadn't given up one pick for moving up for Claibourne, fans would be complaining about Brockers being another Spears, why we chose another LB, and why we didn't draft OL, which was clearly never a high priority.

If these guys we drafted don't improve our team over the next couple of years, then we should dump on Jason and Rob because Jerry is clearly supporting them.
  5. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,382 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    He'll be a nice Nickel back for them