1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Eagles' remaining schedule worries me

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Did you see Foles play? He was pathetic, Romo was far from it but then you are simply a hater so I don't expect much from you. I don't like you and don't have any desire to have any discussions with you so don't ******* quote me again.
    5Stars likes this.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Can't take this post serious at all. What game were you watching certainly not Dallas at Philadeliphia.
    DuceizBak likes this.
  3. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,404 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    That tiebreaker advantage would dissolve if they beat us, so we really need to beat the Eagles again.
  4. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I agree, but the game in Philly was huge because it was at their place. They won't beat us at the AT&T Death Star..
    ufcrules1 and DuceizBak like this.
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,280 Messages
    1,553 Likes Received
    Why the hell is anyone worried about the eagles? This division is the Cowboys to win, they know it, and I bet they do!

The Redskins? Yeah, right.

The Giants? It was said on NFL FM today that they will win the rest of the games and win the East. Yeah, OK...good luck with that!

The eagles? lmao!
    visionary likes this.
  6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,828 Messages
    553 Likes Received
    People like to say, "Just focus on winning the games on the rest of our schedule," but I think any realistic fan would know that the Cowboys' odds of going 9-0 over the remaining nine games are next to none. Therefore, it makes sense to focus also on how the Eagles' schedule will go.

Also, we're fans, not coaches or players. It makes no sense for us to need to focus or not focus.
  7. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Who said they were worried, but if they had lost that game in Philly, I would have been worried.
  8. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    We just have to get to 9 wins minimum while taking 2 of the 3 remaining divisional games.

Very doable and if we fail at that we don't deserve playoffs
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,634 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Well I think what is being ignored is really the Eagles just aren't a good football team. They have only beat teams under .500, and really haven't looked good since the first week of the season.

Hate to say it, but the division really is setup for Dallas to lose, cause they should win it. We are setup almost too well, times when this team has shown to relax and ruin themselves.....hopefully that doesn't happen this time like some think it will.
    visionary likes this.
  10. Staubacher

1,857 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    I don't think the makeup of this team will allow for relaxing because they have a slight division lead.

There hasn't been one game this year, win or lose, where I have felt they weren't going all out.
  11. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    When it comes to Philadelphia, they lost to everyone we lost to, and then they lost to us. And pretty convincingly too.

I don't think they have much reason to be excited about their prospects going forward. Vick can't/won't stay healthy, and Foles isn't ready for primetime. I'm confident they will lose their fair share of games.

RG3 looked good against a Chicago team that is struggling defensively. They're about to lose to Denver. I'm confident they will lose to San Diego too. Then they have San Francisco, Kansas City, Atlanta, and they play us again at home.

And best of all the NFC East will help pick themselves off. Every time they play each other, we benefit.
  12. Staubacher

1,857 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    And Kelly is not a good NFL coach. Extremely stupid move going for a 60 yard FG right before the half. If Dez grabs that hailmary we punish them hard for that. Kelly clearly is over his head, he thought he'd just strut into the NFL and do what he did at Oregon. No way he leads that below average team to a playoff spot.
    visionary likes this.
  13. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,122 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    The Eagles? I think they are the least of our worries. the divison is ours for the taking. The Redskins may be coming on but the Cowboys just need to worry about winning the games they should, do that and they will be in the playoffs.
    visionary likes this.
  14. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,282 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    You are worried about them after watching them play Sunday? I was worried before going into that game. Now I'm not. Plus, we have a bigger cushion on them now since we beat them head to head. We take care of business against the remaining 3 divisional games and beat the easier games like Vikings and Raiders, both at home, we should be fine.

Their only hope is if Vick comes back and catches fire. But he has not did that yet this season. And Foles was supposed to be their savior for this season and their future. If they have to roll with him or Barkley, they are finished.

Giants are completely out of it. Skins are still hanging on by a thread. That Bears win was big for them.
  15. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Can we close this thread now since the Eagles will get smoked tomorrow in Oakland and then the following week in Green bay to fall to 3-7?
  16. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,869 Messages
    1,755 Likes Received
    I am simply worried about us. We control our own destiny. It's in the hands of our very own players and coaches and I don't look at the schedule of other teams. If we're good enough, we're good enough - if we're not - effective changes need to be made. Not changes for the sake of changing.
  17. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    A win today should be a step in the right direction because we would be 5-4 while the eagles would be 3-6 and skins 2-6 and giants 2-6

I will bet everything I own that the eagles and skins lose today
  18. Blue&Silver

Blue&Silver Member

489 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I am not sweating anything yet. One thing to remember the Eagles just aren't that good, and I say that very cognizant of the fact neither are we. I just think we're more consistent than them. At least I hope. Washington does pose a threat, but IRG3 hasn't been that good and Washington's defense is subpar. Giants are out of it.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,089 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    How in the hell did they score so many pts today against the raiders? What happened to the Raiders from last week? or are the steelers that bad?
  20. Blue&Silver

Blue&Silver Member

489 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    The Raiders didn't seem prepared for the fast pace, and for today Foles was just that good. They were probably smelling themselves after having a good game against the Steelers as well.